HairerSoft releases Amadeus II v3.8
For Immediate Release
Kenilworth, United Kingdom, January 27, 2005 — HairerSoft today announces
the release of
Amadeus II v3.8, their premiere disk-based, Mp3 supporting, visual waveform
file editing and analyzing application for the MacOS and MacOS X.
Amadeus II lets you use your Macintosh computer for many sound-related
applications, such as live audio recording, digitizing tapes and records,
sampling from any external source and for editing and analyzing Mp3, Ogg
AIFF, FLAC, SoundDesigner II, QuickTime or WAVE files. Thanks to its powerful
direct-to-disk abilities, one can easily and rapidly edit arbitrarily large
sounds (even with sizes beyond the 2GB limit). The handling of large sounds
is facilitated by the extensive support of markers. Its outstanding sound
repairing and denoising abilities make Amadeus II particularly suitable for
transferring vinyl records on CD.
New features of version 3.8 include:
– Completely redesigned sound window
– Support for the FLAC file format (http://flac.sourceforge.net/)
– New parametric equalizer specially designed for restoring old vinyl
– The format for the time display is completely customizable
– Addition of an “Open recent” menu item
– Automatic version checking
– Full Unicode support
– Markers can be aligned to CD sector boundaries
– Support for scrolling wheel in the sound window (shift-scrolling to
– Several bug fixes and many minor improvements to the user interface
Version 3.8 is available free of charge to all registered users of
previous versions of Amadeus II.
Amadeus II is a US$30 shareware. It can be downloaded from
(http://www.hairersoft.com/AmadDownload.html) and from all major Macintosh
shareware archive sites. Amadeus II v3.8 is localized
in English, French, German, and Italian.
System Requirements: Mac OS 9.1 or later, CarbonLib 1.5 or later, 20 MB
free RAM, hard disk space for recording audio. MacOS X 10.2 or later
HairerSoft is a small independent software company that distributes
software written by Martin Hairer. To contact the author, send email to
Martin@HairerSoft.com. More information, including the postal address of
HairerSoft, can be found at (http://www.hairersoft.com/).