Perth, Western Australia – 17 Feb 2003 – Stairways Software Pty Ltd
is pleased to announce Interarchy 7.0, the new version of its
powerful, flexible, award-winning Internet application for Mac OS X.
Interarchy can download and upload files via FTP (the Internet
standard File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (Secure File Transfer
Protocol), and FTP over SSH (FTP/SSH). In addition, it can download
files or whole web sites using HTTP (the HyperText Transfer
Protocol), provide a wealth of information about your Internet
connection, and help you work with remote servers across the Internet.
Interarchy 7.0 follows on the long history of improvements to provide
a host of new features. Major new features in Interarchy 7 include:
* Fully Mac OS X native (carbon events and native core networking).
* Tabbed browsing (just like Safari).
* Icon view (to complement list view and column view).
* Full bookmark management system, including FTP Disks, Rendezvous
services, bookmarks, Address Book entries, scheduled and startup
* Full internal file mapping support, with Get Info, Edit With, and more.
* Full support for local files (file listings, checking local web sites).
* Full support for dragging between windows (FTP, SFTP, File, HTTP).
* Toolbars everywhere.
* A single combined Transfers window.
* Enhanced scheduling.
* Enhanced Check Web Site including options, local sites and warnings.
* Enhanced mirroring with progress reporting.
* History menu showing recent actions.
* Combined Network Host Info with Ping, DNS, MX, and registrar information.
* Full network traffic watching with detailed packet display.
* Full networking support with trace route, connection list, status, port scan.
* Bandwidth monitoring and graphing.
* Full support for printing.
Interarchy 7.0 requires Mac OS X 10.2 or greater.
Interarchy is engineered by Stairways Software Pty Ltd and
distributed by Kagi. Interarchy is licensed on a per workstation
basis (individuals can choose to license it on a per user basis).
New customers can purchase Interarchy from
(http://purchase.interarchy.com/) for US$39.
Version 7.0 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. Customers who
purchased Interarchy 6.x after 1 October 2003 will be issued a free
upgrade to Interarchy 7.0. To claim your free upgrade look up your
Interarchy 6.0 purchase at (http://enquiry.interarchy.com/).
Customers who purchased any previous version of Interarchy (or
Anarchie) before October 2003 will be able to upgrade to Interarchy 7
for US$19. For instructions on claiming your discounted upgrade to
version 7, look up your license at (http://enquiry.interarchy.com/).
A fully-functional unlicensed trial version of Interarchy will be
available until 22 March 2004. It can be downloaded from
For sales enquires, customer service, technical support, or to
contact project management, our current contact information is listed
Extensive online documentation on Interarchy can be found at
A brief taste of Interarchy in action can be found at
A more detailed tour to give you a better idea of Interarchy’s power
and versatility is available at (http://tour.interarchy.com/).
For more information about anything to do with Interarchy visit