Wednesday, October 22, 2003
Today, 24U Software introduces an integrated 24U FMDev Pack. This pack is
especially created for FileMaker developers, who wish to simplify
development of complex database solutions based on FileMaker Pro, an
industry-leading cross-platform database environment.
“We have combined 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In and 24U SimpleDialog Plug-in to
constitute the most powerful bundle of user interface plug-ins ever offered
for FileMaker Pro.” said Honza Koudelka, Quality Control Manager of 24U
Software. “This bundle will shift any FileMaker solution to a higher level
of simplicity for both users and developers.”
24U FM Dev Pack contains developer licences for 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In 1.x
and 24U SimpleDialog Plug-In 1.x. This allows developers to spend less
time, energy and money developing FileMaker Pro databases, and to make
their solutions easier and quicker to use for their clients.
More info: http://www.24usoftware.com/FMDevPack
The first plug-in in 24U FMDev Pack is 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In. It lets
developers define help tags for layout objects and controls, such as data
fields, buttons, pictures etc.
Why developers love help tags (tooltips) provided by 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In:
– invest less effort to understand their solutions
– spend less time writing detailed manuals
– require less technical support incidents
– no need to care about user’s platform
Why users love solutions with help tags:
– help which is available right at their finger tips
– even novices feel comfortable using these solutions
– no need to consult manuals for every simple task
The second plug-in in the pack is 24U SimpleDialog Plug-In. It allows
developers to display an almost arbitrary dialog box combining text,
passwords, check boxes, radio buttons, pop-up menus, etc. All of these as
easy as the standard Show Message and Status (CurrentMessageChoice) but
much more powerful!
Why developers love dialogs provided by 24U SimpleDialog Plug-In:
– no need for special global fields and dialog-like layouts
– usage similar to the standard “Show Message” command
– Just one simple function for all kinds of dialogs
– Free generator for intuitive defining of complex dialogs
Why users love solutions with custom dialogs:
– error messages and notifications are context sensitive and more descriptive
– providing data to scripts is easier and faster
– no confusion from differentiating dialogs and layouts
Pricing & Availability
24U FMDev Pack is immediately available for on-line purchase at
The 24U FM Dev Pack is $421 USD. By purchasing you get the rights to bundle
the 24U SimpleDialog Plug-In 1.x and 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In 1.x with all
your solutions, and all your customers get the rights to use it within your
solution without paying any additional charges.
24U Software offers solutions for people, not for computers!
Since 2000 24U Software has been committed to production of easy to use
software that makes working and developing with FileMaker, AppleScript and
QuarkXPress faster, simpler and cheaper. Behind 24U products is a well
coordinated team of specialists who have been working with FileMaker,
AppleScript and QuarkXPress since their first releases.