DropDMG 2.2 is now available.
DropDMG is the easiest way to create “.dmg”, “.img”, and “.smi” disk
images on Mac OS X. It can encrypt images and encode them with BinHex,
GZip, BZip2, or MacBinary. It can create images with rich-text license
agreements. It also supports segmented images and images that auto-open
when you mount them. There are many time-saving features such as
temporary preferences when you hold down Option, remembering recent
folders, and the ability to create more than one image at a time by
dropping multiple folders onto DropDMG. All the options are available
from AppleScript and from the “dropdmg” command-line tool.
New in this Version:
* Added “dropdmg” tool for creating images from the command-line.
* You can now create an image from a file by dropping it on
DropDMG; you no longer have to “wrap” the file in a folder.
* You can now specify the passphrase for an encrypted image via
* Can save a passphrase in the system Keychain, so that you can
encrypt multiple images using the same passprhase, without having
to keep typing it.
* Lets you authenticate as an administrator to copy protected files
to an image.
* Images can now be encoded with BinHex.
* You can now drag a file or folder onto the preferences to set the
* License agreements can use non-roman characters.
* Added Get Image Info… command.
* Added Verify Image Checksum… command.
* Added crash reporter.
* Added software update version checker.
* Faster MacBinary encoding.
* Uses less memory when dealing with lots of files.
* The destination pop-up menu now includes icons.
* Rather than nagging when unregistered, DropDMG now has a
30-day/20-launch trial period.
* Fixed bug that caused an error when creating more than one
self-mounting image simultaneously.
* Fixed bug where DropDMG never prompted for volume and image names
when you used a temporary preferences sheet.
* DropDMG now requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later.
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.2 or later (10.2.8 recommended)
Price: $10; free update for owners of 1.x or 2.x
More Info: (http://www.c-command.com/dropdmg/)
Contact: Michael Tsai (firstname.lastname@example.org)