FileMaker Enhances Program for Corporate and Commercial Developers
SANTA CLARA, CA – March 3, 2003 – Keeping pace with the evolution of its
database software line, FileMaker announced enhancements to its FileMaker
Solutions Alliance (FSA) program for professional developers, consultants,
trainers and publishers worldwide. Among the new program changes, FSA
members will receive new products, including FileMaker Developer, product
updates, technical information, and — in some instances – volume licensing
pricing discounts. The company also announced new pricing to reflect these
“FileMaker developers -whether corporate developers or independent database
consultants — are creating the leading workgroup solutions in enterprises,
small businesses and education throughout the world,” said FileMaker
president Dominique Goupil. “As the needs of our customers and developers
evolve, the FSA program must also evolve to ensure FileMaker strengthens
its leadership position in workgroup databases.”
New FSA Membership Enhancements
As part of the FSA enhancements, all FSA members will now receive:
* A current version, and future upgrades, of FileMaker Pro (SLP $299).
* A current version, and future upgrades, of FileMaker Mobile (SLP $49).
* FSA Tech Talk – an exclusive members-only listserv on technical information.
* FSA Members Only Area – an FSA members-only Web area, featuring private
FAQs, the TechInfo Knowledge database compiled and used by FileMaker
Technical Support staff, FSA Talk archives, Developer Resource Central,
marketing tools and more.
* Pre-Release Software – access to pre-release and beta software up to 30
days before launch, at the discretion of FileMaker.
* FSA News and Updates – news and updates on products, events, co-marketing
opportunities, technical tips, articles, etc.
* FSA Events – special invitation-only events at the annual FileMaker
Developer Conference or private FSA meetings, featuring live demos,
FileMaker executives and staff, and the chance to network with other
All Associate and Partner level FSA members will also receive:
* A current version, and future upgrades, of FileMaker Developer (SLP $499).
* Special volume licensing discount prices on FileMaker Pro purchases to be
bundled with a solution. This means developers can bundle small quantities,
even single copies, of FileMaker Pro with their solutions, at prices
normally available only for larger orders.
FSA Associates and Partners will also have access to:
* Web link from FileMaker to promote products, solutions and services on an
FSA member’s site.
* FileMaker Solution Alliance Directory Listing – a comprehensive online
membership directory that may result in customer referrals.
* Solutions Bundle Agreement – the ability to order FileMaker Pro,
FileMaker Server and FileMaker Mobile in volume at special discounts, which
can be distributed along with professionally developed solutions.
* Other FileMaker marketing and customer referral programs, depending on
New FSA Membership Fees
The following yearly memberships fees are based on US dollars:
* Subscriber level $249 (no change)
* Associate level $599
* Partner level $799
“FileMaker is proud to have delivered the benefits of FSA membership at the
same price levels for the past five years,” said Keith Harris, Vice
President of International. “With the new membership fees, we feel
confident that the FSA program continues to be a tremendous value when
compared with any other developer programs.”
For more information on the FSA enhancements, please visit
FileMaker is a leader in workgroup databases and workgroup information
solutions. Unlike complex database software, the FileMaker intuitive
interface empowers knowledge workers to create and share rich solutions.
The award-winning FileMaker line of database software provides relational
power, instant and custom Web publishing and legendary ease-of-use.
FileMaker, Inc. is the database software subsidiary of Apple Computer, Inc.