Belo Horizonte, Brazil – September 27, 2002
Rainer Brockerhoff announces the release of version 1.2 of Zingg!, a Fast
Launch contextual menu for Mac OS X.
Zingg! shows a list of all applications that claim to open the selected
file. The user can select certain applications to be always included or
always excluded from the list, and Classic applications may receive special
handling. Zingg! offers more functionality than Jaguar’s “Open With” menu,
allowing you to open more than one item or folders.
Version 1.2 has the following bug fixes and new functionality:
* Under Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar), Zingg! crashed Internet Explorer (among
other applications) when control-clicking on a link. This has been fixed.
* Also under 10.2, you can now use Japanese and other high-ASCII characters
for the “Open With” string, and application names that use such characters
also will show up correctly.
* The “Always Include (Override)” option has been added.
* The “Check for Updates…” menu item has been added. This allows you to
quickly check for updates or news about Zingg!, if you are connected to the
* An alert shows up if you set too many “Always Include” and “Never
Zingg! can be downloaded from the product information page at:
Mac OS X 10.2 or later is recommended.
Support forums for Zingg!, XRay, and other products from Rainer Brockerhoff
are now available at:
Contact Rainer Brockerhoff (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.