SpamSieve 1.1 is now available.
Like your professional e-mail client, but jealous of Mail.app’s spam
filter? SpamSieve brings powerful Bayesian spam filtering to Mailsmith and
Entourage. It learns what your spam looks like, so it can block nearly all
of it. It also learns what your good messages look like, so it won’t
confuse them with spam. Other spam filters get worse over time as spammers
adapt to their rules; SpamSieve actually gets better over time as you train
it with more messages. SpamSieve doesn’t delete any messages–it only marks
them in your e-mail client–so you’ll never lose any mail.
New in This Version:
* E-Mail Client Integration
– Added support for PowerMail.
– Added instructions and an AppleScript for making Mailsmith
download and filter mail faster.
– Added an AppleScript for Entourage that moves spam into a Junk
– Launches about 60% faster than 1.0.
– You can now prune the corpus to remove words that are taking up
memory without contributing to spam recognition. This can also
dramatically decrease SpamSieve’s launch time.
– Recalculating spam probabilities is about 10% faster and uses
– Quitting is faster because SpamSieve now writes corpus changes
to disk during idle time.
– Saving the corpus is slightly faster.
* Displays statistics about the number of messages filtered,
SpamSieve’s accuracy, and the types of words in the corpus.
* SpamAssassin’s X-Spam-Status headers are now treated as single
words. This means that if SpamAssassin is running on your mail
server, SpamSieve will learn to respect (or ignore) its judgement.
* Does a better job of ignoring e-mail attachments, thus reducing
* Installs the eSellerate Engine if it’s not present, thus enabling
“Instant Registration” for more users.
* Asking SpamSieve to categorize a message now forces an update of
all the word probabilities. Previously, the update only happened
during idle time.
* Highlights the sorted column in the Corpus window. The columns
themselves have shorter names. There’s a new “Total” column.
Auto-resizing of the columns works better. You can now manually
resize any column, and manual resizings and reorderings are saved
* Shows fatal errors as alert panels rather than just printing them
on the console.
* The Corpus.plist data file is now sorted by word. This makes it
easier to examine the corpus manually, and to compare it to other
Price: $10 (shareware)
More Info: (http://www.c-command.com/spamsieve/)
Contact: Michael Tsai (email@example.com)