ALADDIN SYSTEMS SHIPS NEXT-GENERATION STUFFIT DELUXE 7.0 WITH NEW AND
IMPROVED COMPRESSION TECHNOLOGY, STRONG ENCRYPTION, AND DATA LOSS PROTECTION
New Version Includes Convenient Microsoft Word Integration For Fast And
Easy Access To Popular “Stuff And Mail” One-Step Email Feature
Watsonville, CA – September 19, 2002 -Aladdin Systems, Inc., a wholly owned
subsidiary of Aladdin Systems Holdings, Inc. (OTC BB: ALHI), today released
StuffIt Deluxe(tm) 7.0, the newest Macintosh version of the
industry-standard access and compression utility. The new StuffIt X(tm)
(pronounced “ex”), file format integrates compression with security and
safety options to meet the requirements of business and today’s digital
lifestyle. The StuffIt X, or .sitx, file format provides stronger
encryption (512 bit), improved compression (up to 30% over other formats),
error-correction, larger archive size, and support for long-file names. The
StuffIt Deluxe application includes Microsoft Word integration for fast
access to the popular Stuff and Mail feature, Command Line tools, and
offers the greatest flexibility and most choices to maximize bandwidth and
communicate with other computer users.
“StuffIt’s new format makes it easier to quickly organize, access, and
securely exchange information worldwide in today’s digital lifestyle, where
capacity is always at a premium,” said Matthew Covington, StuffIt product
manager. “Cross-platform hassles are gone with self-extracting archive
creation and full support for Zip files. Plus, StuffIt Express(tm) saves
you time by providing a one-step solution for automating file transfers and
distributing documents, like digital photos and business presentations.”
StuffIt Deluxe 7.0 Features and Benefits:
* Strong encryption protects sensitive data- Get better security and
privacy protection with 512 bit encryption (previously 40 bit), to
make sending files over the Internet and storing sensitive data more
* Prevent data loss with error-correction Protect against corruption,
by checking the “Add Redundancy” box. StuffIt can add error
correction information to archives to repair and reconstruct files
that become damaged by bad media or transfer errors. (This will
result in a slightly larger compressed archive size).
* Improved compression – Get up to 30% better compression (depending
on file type) so files move faster over the Internet and maximize
server and network bandwidth.
* Larger archive size Previous StuffIt versions had a 2 GB archive
size maximum, now archives can allow terabytes of data, great for
backing up multimedia projects.
* Long file name support Use up to 256-character file titles, the OS
limit, for easier identification.
* Microsoft integration- Provides access to one-click compress and
email from Microsoft Word (including versions 2001 and X).
* Full Zip support for archives- Use, search, and browse StuffIt AND
Zip archives as easily as working with folders in the Finder. Share
and access files compressed by any program on any platform.
* Stuff and Mail additions Supports Entourage and Apple Mail email clients.
* Magic Menu browsing- Search through Sit and Zip archives with Magic Menu.
* New OS X Finder support- Use keyboard shortcuts to Stuff (Command
S) or Unstuff (Command U) files.
* Use OS X command line tools Access to terminal functions and options.
* New user interface for beginners Drag and Drop window makes it
easier to compress and access files.
Additional Features and Benefits
* StuffIt Express Personal Edition automates file transfer tasks: FTP
uploads, email, and more. Create custom drag-and-drop applications in
minutes without knowing any programming skills.
* Contextual Menus Support- Users gain fast access to StuffIt functions.
* Supports Palm OS downloads by delivering Palm files directly to the
HotSync folder for quick and easy installation.
* DropTar for Unix, drag-and-drop TAR (.tar) archiving compression.
* ArchiveSearch(tm) quickly locate files created by StuffIt or any
ZIP program (use the “Command F” shortcut in the StuffIt Deluxe
* Virus Check abilities, Scan archives with virus checking software.
* Archive Via Rename(tm), Compress or expand by renaming a file
(Classic feature only).
*One-click compress and e-mail.
*Return Receipt(tm)- Get notified when archives are expanded.
*Mac OS 8.6 through X + compatible (including Jaguar).
For more StuffIt information, please visit: (http://www.stuffit.com/).
Pricing and Availability
StuffIt Deluxe is $79.99 (USD) and is available directly from Aladdin, all
major retailers and mail order catalogs in the US and Canada, and select
StuffIt Deluxe and other Aladdin products are available from Aladdin’s
international partners at:
Registered owners of previous StuffIt Deluxe, StuffIt Lite (now called
StuffIt Standard), DropStuff or DropZip versions can upgrade to StuffIt
Deluxe 7.0 for $29.99, directly from Aladdin at:
http://www.aladdinsys.com/store/upgrades.html or with retail mail-in
rebates. All customers providing a StuffIt Deluxe 6.51 proof of purchase
after 08/19/02 are eligible for a free downloadable upgrade to StuffIt 7.0.
StuffIt is available for the Windows(r), Linux, and Solaris(tm) platforms
at: (http://www.stuffit.com/ ). Users can register their copy of StuffIt
StuffIt X requires a Power Macintosh with Mac OS 8.6 or higher (including
Mac OS X, version 10.1 and later) with 6 MB of available RAM and 30 MB
available disk space.
Aladdin Systems, Inc: The Leader in Access Management(tm) Founded in 1988,
Aladdin Systems, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Aladdin Systems
Holdings, Inc. (OTC BB: ALHI), develops and publishes award-winning
business and consumer products. Aladdin’s software offers a range of
solutions to increase user efficiency in the areas of information access,
removal, recovery, security and Internet distribution.
Aladdin is located at 245 Westridge Drive, Watsonville, CA 95076, USA;
phone: +1(831)761-6200; Fax: +1(831)761-6206. For more information on
Aladdin, visit its Web site at: (http://www.aladdinsys.com) or e-mail: