[PR] Waves in Motion announces Security Manager 1.0 for FileMaker Pro
[PR] Waves in Motion announces Security Manager 1.0 for FileMaker Pro —
Hassle free security management! Manage the complex world of security in
one simple database.
FILEMAKER DEVELOPER CONFERENCE, Palm Desert, CA – August 12, 2002. Waves in
Motion unveiled an innovative security enhancement today at the FileMaker
Developer Conference; “Security Manager 1.0”.
“This product will revolutionize the way administrators manage FileMaker
Pro passwords and access privileges,” said Vincenzo P. Menanno, President
of Waves in Motion. “It enhances security, eases database administration,
and simplifies access for your users”.
Security Manager 1.0 is a secure user-login system that can integrate with
existing databases without scripting. Once installed, Security Manager
provides a single point of entry for any number of users and databases,
eliminating password sharing, forgotten passwords and time-consuming
FileMaker Pro password changes.
Security Manager provides the following benefits:
– require username and password to log in
– eliminate password sharing by giving each user a separate account
– create case sensitive passwords
– enforce a minimum password length
– enforce password changes with password expiration
– other optional industry standard password policies
– easily remove a user’s access on a specified date or on the fly
– allow users to change their own passwords
– temporarily remove access to a specific database
– automatically generate random passwords for new users
– require users to change their password the first time they log in
– provide professional username/password log-in dialogs
– optionally present users with a list of usernames to choose from
– shows users only databases they have access to
Unlike other log-in schemes, Security Manager works with FileMaker Access
Privileges, not against them. Administrators can create multiple groups and
passwords in FileMaker Pro, with full support for Layout, Field and Record
level security. Security Manager will open the databases with the right
password for the user, so no functionality is lost.
Waves in Motion plans to release Security Manager in early September.
Developer Conference attendees can see demonstrations of Security Manager
throughout the show at booth 11.
* * *
Waves in Motion is a full service development and consulting firm
specializing in FileMaker Pro enabling technologies and offers database
needs analysis, custom consulting and co-located web hosting. Popular
developer tools and solutions include Analyzer, Visualizer, Dragon Web
Surveys, Course Wizard and a suite of oAzium Plug-ins – Events, Portal
Filter, Date and Time, FileTools and Smart Card. Waves in Motion is a
Partner Member of the FileMaker Solutions Alliance.
For more information on FileMaker Pro for Windows and Mac OS users, visit
the FileMaker, Inc. World Wide Web site at (http://www.filemaker.com).