FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 2.5 for FileMaker Pro 5.5
New plug-in lets you manipulate your files and folders and use file and
folder information directly from your FileMaker Pro databases.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, June 3rd, 2002–Troi Automatisering
today announced the availability of its Troi File Plug-in 2.5, for
FileMaker Pro 5 through 5.5.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information
outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the
computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from
within FileMaker you can:
– get data out of files that are on the disk of the computer
– (batch) import pictures, sounds etc. and optionally store only a
reference to them in FileMaker Pro
– create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker
fields into it
– manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creation,
deletion, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
– query detailed information of files: the size on disk, creation and
modification dates and much more
– count the number of folders or files on a disk
– launch files with their appropriate application directly from FileMaker Pro
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “The File Plug-in is one of Troi’s
most widely used and appreciated plug-ins. We take pride in expanding its
functionality to serve our users even better. With the extended IPTC and
EXIF functionality we think we open up a lot of new possibilities for
working with images in FileMaker Pro. Finally, almost all functions are now
available for each platform, making the plug-in more powerful and easier to
Troi File Plug-in 2.5 adds these new functions and features:
– Substitute text in a file, where the result is saved in the original file.
– Find the path to the FileMaker Application.
– Improved importing as a reference of EPS files, which should result
in better printing behavior.
– Import MP3 files and store only a reference (Mac OS only).
– Work with IPTC data from more files (especially files with a
slightly different IPTC format, including Photoshop 6). In addition,
two new example files demonstrating IPTC parsing and EXIF parsing
– Added support for Photoshop’s ImageURL format.
– Finding the path to special folders, like the desktop, startup and
temporary folder, is now cross platform.
– Getting a list of available (hard) disks is now cross platform.
– Added Mac OS functionality to get the Finder Label and the Finder
Comment of files, which are visible with the Get Info command in the
Mac OS Finder.
– Set Creator, FileType, Finder Comment and Finder Label of files
(Mac OS only).
– Added Windows functionality to get the Volume Serial Number (VSN)
and the Volume Label of a hard disk.
– It is now possible to add extra parameters to the launch command on
Windows, which will be passed to the launching application.
– 12 new example files, making a total of 32, and improved existing ones.
– New user guide.
Together with the existing functions the possibilities are virtually
limitless. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you
can do with it!
– Batch import of images, movies, sounds, text files, etc.
– Keep your database small, by storing only references to images
– Creating a web site by exporting multiple HTML files
– Updating solutions, by moving database files into place
– Reading and writing custom formatted files, for example from legacy systems
– Cataloging complete projects, including pictures
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional version of Troi File Plug-in 2.5 is available for
downloading at Troi’s web site at:
Troi File Plug-in 2.5 works with FileMaker Pro 5 and later. The plug-in is
available for Mac OS 9.0.4 or later, including Mac OS X (10.1 or higher),
and for Windows 95/98/Me and NT/2000/XP. The plug-in should also run
without problems on any machine that is able to run FileMaker Pro 4.0,
FileMaker Pro 4.1 and runtimes from FileMaker Developer Edition 4.0.
Licenses cost US$ 49 per user. Product updates from version 2.0 and later
are free; upgrades from older versions are available from US$ 19 per user.
Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our
web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
XML formatted information
All information for this plug-in formatted in XML can be found here:
(http://www.troi.com/info/xsd/fileplugin.xml). If you list our software you
can use this XML data to automatically update information of this product.
For more information on this and XSD (Extendable Software Description
Language) look here: (http://www.troi.com/info/xsd/).
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro
plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more
information, visit our web site at: (http://www.troi.com/).