FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Acton, MA. May 8, 2002: Glass Bead Software releases SnapTalk 3 for OS X.
This release offers secure encrypted messaging over TCP/IP as well as
AppleTalk networks for the professional work environment.
Glass Bead’s secure instant messaging and file transfer/compression
software, SnapTalk 3, now runs native over Apple(R)’s most advanced
operating system, Macinstosh OS X, and is fully compatible with existing
Macintosh(R) OS 8.1 and OS 9. For just under $19/user, SnapTalk 3 connects
via AppleTalk(R) and/or over TCP/IP allowing for the flexibility and speed
demanded by today’s Macintosh networks. Educational and non-profit pricing
is also available.
New features include:
– Encryption to keep discussions and files secure when sent over the Internet
– Ability to drag, drop and transfer entire folders as well as files
– Automatic compression for all attachments for faster file transfers
– Quick reply sets that allow unlimited customizable responses
– Two separate lines for simultaneous conversations
– Groups for quick messages to multiple people
– Sophisticated archiving that enables dialogue to be titled, dated, and
reopened for continuation at a later date.
– A ‘While You Were Out’ log to see who called when you were away
– Ability to send hot-linked URLs that open up a web browser when double
– Timestamps for easy referencing of messages
– Intuitive user interface for easy menu navigation
About Glass Bead Software
Founded in 1990, Glass Bead Software (www.glassbead.com) is a leader in
Macintosh OS based messaging, email, and file transfer software for small
to medium businesses. Glass Bead Software services business in the legal,
graphic art, architecture, television, film and educational markets with
affordable, easy to maintain, Apple(R) Macintosh(R) based secure messaging