JAW software ships MPEG2Splitter 1.0.4 for MacOS
GENOA, November 21, 2001
JAW software announced today the availability of the release 1.0.4 of
MPEG2Splitter, an utility for MPEG-2 movies.
JAW MPEG2Splitter splits MPEG-2 files in smaller user-defined segments,
manually or automatically, from any size source (even over the usual 2Gb
limit). This comes in handy when you need to re-encode video using programs
unable to manage files bigger than 2Gb, or just to split encoding tasks.
User interface is in typical Mac style, user friendly; help is available
via balloon help and with the embedded manual.
New features in 1.0.4:
– 6x speed improvement!
– Selectable type/creator for new files.
– Handy multiplier menu (bytes/Kb/Mb/Gb) for entry of chunks size in
Multiple split section
– Handy volume info list in the Automated Splitting window.
– Added a button to enable/disable balloon help.
– Added verification of available space on disk before starting multiple
– Added preferences (available only to registered users).
– PPC processor
– MacOS 9.x
– 3Mb available memory
You can download it from the JAW software web site:
The software is available for free download, and has a trial period of 15
days. It can be registered for 15$ (volume discounts available).
JAW software develops consumer software for Mac OS and OS X and custom business
software, using 4D, C, C++ and REALbasic.