MacsDesign Studio Releases Web Help Desk 5.1
– Powerful Object Oriented Software for Technical Support
FREMONT, CA – November 19, 2001 – MacsDesign Studio today released Web Hel=
Desk 5.1, a powerful web application for technical support designed for
education and small to medium sized business customers. Built with the
industry’s most powerful and mature application server, WebObjects 5 from
Apple Computer=AE, Web Help Desk 5.1 offers an intuitive web interface and a=
excellent feature set for both end users and support technicians.
Next Generation Web Application
Unlike scripted web applications based on technologies such as ASP or PHP,
Web Help Desk uses Java=81 objects to manage your clients, assets and job
tickets. This modular, object-oriented foundation provides a rich, flexible
and extensible architecture that scripted applications cannot match.
Because Web Help Desk is written in Java=81, it can run on any operating
system with Java 2 SE installed. Supported platforms include MacOS X
Server, Windows 2000/XP, and Solaris 8.
Web Help Desk Features
Features of the application include:
* Finely crafted web interface with an Aqua look and feel
* Intelligent business logic for job assignments based on location, problem
type and load balancing
* Asset management, including the ability to group assets into parent/child
* E-mail notifications of new jobs, job updates, and cancellations for both
end users and support technicians
* Graphic reporting of common job ticket details for both technicians and
* Frequently Asked Questions module for end user self-help on commonly
Availability and Pricing
Web Help Desk 5.1 is available now directly from MacsDesign Studio.
Pricing for corporate customers ranges from $3000 – $7500, while
education/government pricing ranges from $2000 – $5000. An online demo is
available at http://www.webhelpdesk.info/