Essence Software is proud to announce the release of SuperSocket 2.0.3!
SuperSocket is a networking toolkit for REALbasic. It provides a collection
of classes that can be used to build network-aware applications.
SuperSocket enhances REALbasic’s networking support, and adds new protocols
currently unavailable in REALbasic, including:
UDP – The connectionless datagram protocol used over the internet. Good for
high performance applications as it incurs less overhead than TCP/IP. Also
supports broadcasting & multicasting of datagrams to multiple machines on
an IP network.
ICMP – low-level messaging support over IP. ICMP is the protocol used in
DNS Name Resolution – resolve names to addresses and addresses to names.
Superior listening support – The connection-oriented protocols implemented
in SuperSocket employ an active listening approach to listening for
connections, as opposed to the passive one used by the REALbasic Socket
control. This is achieved through the use of Listener classes which are
bound to ports and names (dependant on the protocol.) New connections are
received by the Listener classes and passed off to Endpoint objects created
to handle them. This allows you to continue listening while you are
handling a new connection. Any intermediate incoming connections are queued
until you are ready to handle them.
AppleTalk – AppleTalk support is completely unavailable at present in
REALbasic, which makes SuperSocket essential for any developers wanting
their applications to communicate over AppleTalk.
SuperSocket 2.0.3 features the following improvements:
* Fixed UDPEndpoint MulticastTTL and MulticastLoopback properties
* Added UseLocalAddress to TCPEndpoint, TCPListener & UDPEndpoint to support
multi-homing. When UseLocalAddress is set to True, you may specify an IP
address to the LocalAddress property which will be used when binding the
endpoints. This ensures that the endpoints are bound on the appropriate
* Fixed memory leak in AppleTalkBrowser caused by StartSearch method
* Fixed bug in AppleTalkBrowser that resulted in duplication of remote
* Improved re-usability of TCPEndpoint, ADSPEndpoint, UDPEndpoint and
* Added LastErrorCode properties to all endpoint & listener classes
* Fixed a bug in the NBPAddress class that could result in a crash
* Various improvements to example projects
Vist the SuperSocket website for more information & a 30 day demo: