FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COMM-UNITY NETWORKING SYSTEMS RELEASES POP3IT 3.0, A CROSS PLATFORM
FILEMAKER PRO PLUG-IN.
FileMaker Pro Developer’s Conference, Orlando, FL, Aug. 13, 2001 —
Comm-Unity Networking Systems announces the release of POP3it 3.0, for
FileMaker Pro 4.x and 5.x for Macintosh OS 9, Macintosh OS X, and Windows
POP3it is a very flexible FileMaker plug-in that allows you to receive
email directly into FileMaker without the aid of any helper applications.
To use it, all you will need is an email account, a POP3 server, and
FileMaker Pro 4.x or 5.x.
You can easily integrate POP3it into your existing solutions. A basic
knowledge of FileMaker Scripting is needed, however, the documentation for
POP3it covers how to use the POP3it plug-in.
Jesse Traynham, company owner, states that “We are pleased to announce
POP3it 3.0 This version adds support for the OS X version of FileMaker Pro
5.5, as well as adds support for downloading Japanese and Central and
Eastern European characters into your localized databases.”
Possible Uses of POP3it
Because POP3it allows you to specify in your scripts what email host and
email account to check, you can easily check multiple accounts. Together
with SMTPit, you can make an entire email solution with only FileMaker and
make use of FileMaker’s database features like sorting and searching.
Features of POP3it
– Dynamically check multiple POP3 email accounts, even on different servers.
– Automatically extract major email fields such as To, From, Subject, etc.
– Receive Attachments, which are placed in a directory that you can specify
– Download entire messages into one field or split up into their respective
– Download specific body types like Text only or HTML only.
– Export HTML emails, complete with inline graphics, so that you can view
them in a web browser.
– *New* – Support for Japanese and Central and Eastern European characters.
– *New* – New Status Window to show you what POP3it is doing at all times.
– *New* – Support for the OS X version of FileMaker Pro 5.5.
– *New* – AutoCheckEmail function for checking email every so many minutes.
– *New* – Better multi-tasking support on Macintosh for running FMP and your
mail server on the same machine.
– *New* – New PathToDB function for returning the path to the folder
containing your database on the hard drive.
– *New* – APOP support added.
– *New* – CurrDate function returns dates that can easily be converted to
FileMaker Pro Dates.
– *New* – New Developer’s Versions.
Fully Functional Demonstration version available
A fully functional 30 day demonstration version of POP3it, along with the
POP3it Example Database and Full Documentation, is available from our web
site listed below. Until you register your copy of POP3it, it will show a
splash screen when FileMaker starts. Once you register your copy, the
splash screen will disappear.
Pricing and Availability
If you purchased POP3it after May 1, 2001, you are entitled to a free
upgrade. However, you will need a new registration number. To receive your
new registration number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name
you used on your order and we will email you a new receipt with your new
If you purchased prior to May 1, 2001, you can upgrade to POP3it 3.0 for
the low cost of $9 for Single User Licenses and $36 for Site Licenses. You
can use our secure online purchase form to purchase the upgrade. (If you
own a Developer’s License, please email email@example.com for information
on the upgrade.)
A Single User License (covers one computer at a time) for POP3it is $65. A
Site License (covers all computers at one corporate location,
cross-platform) is $250. A Developer’s License (allows you to redistribute
POP3it, royalty free, with any one solution you make) is now available for
$780. A Single Educational/Non-Profit License is available for $45.
Licenses can be ordered from our secure web site. For information on
Educational/Non-Profit Site License discounts and Developer Licenses,
please send email to POP3it@comm-unity.net
For more information about POP3it visit our web site at
http://www.pop3it.com/ or http://www.cnsplug-ins.com/ or call us at
Comm-Unity Networking Systems
8652 Hwy 80 West, Fort Worth, Texas 76116
Comm-Unity Networking Systems is dedicated to bringing you quality,
cross-platform FileMaker Pro Plug-ins as well as excellent FileMaker Pro
consulting, Web Companion/Lasso Development, and custom FileMaker Pro
solutions. For more information on our company, please visit our website.