For Immediate Release – Thursday, May 24, 2001
Taylor Design Releases TextSpresso 1.8.2
TextSpresso, the award winning Mac text editor and cleaner, has been
updated to version 1.8.2, a free upgrade for registered users. Users who
register 1.8.2 will be eligible for a free upgrade to version 2.0 when it
becomes available. Version 2.0 will be optimized for Mac OS X.
Highlights of the new 1.8.2 release include:
* A total of 200 built-in text filters.
* New filters for converting to/from older DOS text files (U.S. and Western
Europe code pages).
* Improvements to a number of filters, including the E-mail/web page filter
Net To Text.
* Important bug fix in TextSpresso’s floating palettes.
TextSpresso 1.8.2 is available now from the Taylor Design web site and is a
free upgrade for registered users. Others may download the demo and use it
for free for up to 30 days. TextSpresso can be registered via Taylor
Design’s secure online store and by postal mail.
The following purchase options and prices are available for TextSpresso
* 1-4 users: $29.95
* 5-9 users: $26.95
* 10-19 users: $23.95
* 20 or more users: $20.95
TextSpresso can be found at the following locations:
Direct Download Links, 680×0
Direct Download Links, PowerPC
What is TextSpresso?
TextSpresso is an easy to use, professional level text editor and cleaner.
TextSpresso includes over 200 filters and can handle a wide range of tasks,
* Cleaning up E-mails, Web pages, MIME documents, and other Internet text.
* Preparing text for the Internet to insure that it is readable regardless
of transport method or end destination.
* Fast, multi-pattern data extraction, such as extracting URL’s from text.
* Converting cross platform text files between Mac and PC with highly
accurate and complete special character preservation.
* Preparing text documents for publishing in HTML on the World Wide Web.
* Preparing documents for print publishing using common rules of graphic
* Whatever you need. TextSpresso lets users create new filters using 9
different core filter types including pattern matching, MultiFilter, and
What are TextSpresso’s Awards?
TextSpresso’s awards and ratings include:
* 5 Apples (MacHome Journal Magazine February 2001 Review)
* 5 Smileys (Mac OS Journal September 2000 Review)
* 5 Stars (AppleWizards August 1999 Review)
* 4 Mice (Macdownload.com)
* File Mine Jewel (File Mine)
* 5 Cows (TUCOWS)
* Featured in the Kleper Report on Digital Publishing.
What are TextSpresso’s features?
* Supports Hot Filtering of the selected text within virtually any Mac
* Batch processing of documents.
* Fast, memory efficient, multi-threaded filters.
* Up to 100 levels of undo for each open document.
* Includes over 200 filters for HTML, Internet, platform conversion,
publishing, data extraction, and more.
* MultiFilters provide double click application of more than one filter.
* Extract Data filters provide fast multi-pattern data extraction.
* Users may create new filters using any one of 9 core filter types,
including pattern matching, extract data and MultiFilter.
* Users can trade filters they create with other TextSpresso users.
* Over 30 user preferences.
* Intuitive, slick user interface with Filter, History, and Balloon
* And much more!
What does TextSpresso require for use?
* A Macintosh or 100% compatible clone with a 68040 or higher processor.
TextSpresso is optimized for PowerPC.
* Mac OS 7.5-9.x. TextSpresso runs on Mac OS X in the Classic environment
and is currently being optimized to run native on Mac OS X.
* A minimum of 4 MB of hard disk space for the complete install (including
manuals, sample files, etc).
* A minimum of 4 MB of free RAM.
About Taylor Design
Taylor Design is a privately owned software shop located in Oak Hills,
Taylor Design specializes in custom and commercial software for the
Macintosh platform, written using Prograph CPX and Metrowerks CodeWarrior
Taylor Design also offers consulting and web site design services to
businesses in the High Desert area. Taylor Design consults for both
Macintosh and Wintel platforms.