Press Release – For Immediate Distribution
STAZ Software, Inc. Ships FutureBASIC^3 (Release 4)
February 1, 2001, Diamondhead, MS – STAZ Software, Inc. today announced the
completion and shipment of Release 4 for FutureBASIC^3. This upgrade,
mailed free to current subscribers, includes a great collection of new
One of the new features available in Release 4 is the Profiler. It can
monitor and record the amount of time spent in functions down to less than
a microsecond. It’s the best possible way to increase the speed of your
applications. Need more detail? Another utility tracks how many times each
line in your project is executed!
The editor has some great new features.
* Menu selection for multiple types of graphic lines: This makes your
source code much easier to read and follow.
* Function menu in Project Manager: Click on any file name in the project
manager to see a list of its functions. Select any function name to open
the file and move to the definition.
* Menu selection to remark out text: Select text and remark it out with a
single menu choice or click in a block remark to un-remark it.
* Set page breaks: A menu option to set page breaks in printouts even
leaves visible markers in the window.
The compiler (already the fastest BASIC compiler available) is even faster
and better than before.
* Floating point speed: Some operations are now twice as fast as Release 3.
* Integer division: Operations are now 4 times as fast.
* String handling: String operations have been optimized in PPC assembly
for the greatest possible speed.
* EDIT$() handlers: You can use the EDIT$ statement to access a specific
line, a range of characters, the current selection range, etc. The
selection can be replaced with text and the font, size, style, and color
can be changed.
* Arrays in record: Arrays, even floating point arrays, are available in
* Init via source code: Core initialization routines have been moved to
source code so you can deal with initialization of new managers.
To see a full list of features, visit our web site at
FutureBASIC^3 has a suggested retail price of $169 for individual copies
and is sold by subscription. Upgrades are shipped on CD for a period of one
year. Renewal price (and the upgrade price from FBII) is $99. Lab packs and
site licenses are also available. The software is distributed by STAZ
Software, Inc. (800) 348-2623. FB is also available in French, German, and
Italian, and will soon be available in Japanese.
800.348.2623 Orders http://www.stazsoftware.com
228.255.7086 FAX mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org