FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CDFINDER 3.0.2 RELEASED
January 19, 2001, Moerfelden, Germany
The author today announced the immediate availability of version 3.0.2 of
CDFinder, the popular shareware disk catalog tool for the Macintosh.
Together with CDWinder 1.0.1 for Windows, (http://www.cdwinder.de/) this is
the first cross platform, network solution to catalog disks and CD-ROMs on
a Macintosh and a PC.
The new version can be obtained from the CDFinder Homepage
A single user license of CDFinder is $20, multi user licenses are available.
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful tool to create catalog files of your
hard disks, floppies, ZIP’s and anything else that spins. It has a great
user interface and very useful search functions. CDFinder supports
drag&drop and requires at least a 68020 or PowerPC CPU. While System 7 is
required, CDFinder is also fully compatible to MacOS 9. A special feature
is the multi-lingual user interface
CDFinder 3.0.2 is a bug fix release that corrects these bugs:
– Fixed a problem when creating a catalog of a volume that contains certain
archive files. This could cause an almost infinite loop with a incorrect
error message after a while.
– Fixed a problem in memory management. This could cause the MacOS to
assume there was no free memory left.
– Fixed a problem when opening or converting certain damaged old catalog files.
– Fixed a problem when trying to find in all catalogs of a certain label
and there actually was no catalog with that label.
– Files with the suffix “.cdw” (CDWinder!) and no filetype/creator now
obtain a proper icon when creating a catalog or opening a ZIP archive.
– CDFinder 3.0.1 incorrectly wrote the version 3.0.0 into the catalog
files. Now this number is 3.0.2.
Norbert M. Doerner