Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:21:13 -0500
Subject: Press Release
From: “Press Release” (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To: Jim Thomas (email@example.com)
For Immediate Release, September 26, 2002, Arlington, Texas
Thursby Software Releases DAVE v4.0
Thursby Software Systems announces the release of DAVE v4.0. Specifically
designed to take advantage of the features and improvements in Jaguar, Mac
OS X v10.2, DAVE v4.0 not only supports Macintosh computers still running
Mac OS 9, it enhances Jaguar’s SMB capabilities for the advanced and
professional user. Enhancements include: the storage of files in industry
standard formats for compatibility, fully integrated and efficient browsing
capabilities, and increased security. “DAVE still effortlessly shares files
and printers between Macs and PCs, and because DAVE is fully integrated with
both OS 9 and OS X, users get to retain that all-important Macintosh
experience no matter which OS they prefer,” said George Colley, President of
Thursby Software Systems. “The response to our beta version has been
tremendous. New features like NT Domain Login make a big difference to
serious Macintosh users. Plus, DAVE stores files in the traditional
Microsoft NTFS format whereas Jaguar uses dot underscore files. This is an
issue of primary concern for customers who have previously used DAVE or
Services for Macintosh, since their information may not be compatible with
Mac OS X.”
DAVE v4.0 Features
* Provides NT Domain Login
* Shares files and printers between Macs and PCs
* Supports Microsoft standard browsing (including WINS)
* Provides three options for Security
* Supports Microsoft standard NTFS file format
* Shares CDs, printers, hard drives, folders, etc.
* Supports Windows shortcuts .LNK files
* Supports Distributed File Systems
* Allows “one click” mounting of multiple shares
* Includes fully integrated help
* Provides setup assistant for both Mac and PC
* Features automatic workgroup detection
* Completely supports AppleShare files stored on your PC
* Supports Services for Macintosh
* Allows for Windows network password changes
* Supports Jaguar’s Classic environment
* Supports Mac OS 8.6-9.2 and 10.1.5-10.2
DAVE v4.0 may be purchased from the Thursby on-line store at www.thursby.com
or from quality retailers and catalogs. Upgrades and Annual Update
Agreements may be purchased from the on-line store. Volume pricing and
educational discounts are also available.
DAVE v4.0 Pricing:
* The single user retail price for DAVE v4.0 is $149 USD.
* DAVE 3.1 users who purchased after July 1, 2002 will get DAVE v4.0 at no
additional charge through December 31, 2002.
* DAVE 3.1 users who purchase an Annual Update Agreement for $49.95 USD
before the end of 2002 will get DAVE v4.0 at no additional charge. *
* All current Annual Update Agreement customers receive DAVE v4.0 at no
additional charge. *
* DAVE 3.1 users who do not purchase an Annual Update Agreement can upgrade
to DAVE v4.0 for $89.95 USD.
* DAVE 2.5 users can upgrade to DAVE v4.0 for $89.95 USD through December
31, 2002. After that date 2.5 users must purchase DAVE v4.0 for $149 USD.
* Annual Update Agreements begin at $49.95 USD for single user licenses.
Multi-user licenses are priced accordingly.
*Shipping and handling of $4.95 USD will apply if a CD is requested.
Thursby Software Systems has been developing, supporting and marketing a
wide variety of file share and print share software solutions since 1986.
In addition to DAVE, Thursby products include MacSOHO, TSStalk and MacNFS.