FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CDFINDER 3.0 RELEASED
December 18, 2000, Moerfelden, Germany
The author today announced the immediate availability of version 3.0 of
CDFinder, the popular shareware disk catalog tool for the Macintosh.
Together with CDWinder 1.0 for Windows, also to be released today, this is
the first cross platform, networkable solution to catalog disks and CD-ROMs
on a Macintosh and a PC.
The new version can be obtained from the CDFinder Homepage
A single user license of CDFinder is $20, multi user licenses are available.
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful tool to create catalog files of your
hard disks, floppies, ZIP’s and anything else that spins. It has a great
user interface and very useful search functions. CDFinder supports
drag&drop and requires at least a 68020 or PowerPC CPU. While System 7 is
required, CDFinder is also fully compatible to MacOS 9. A special feature
is the multi-lingual user interface
New features in CDFinder 3.0:
– New and enhanced catalog file format. This new format is also the native
format of CDWinder 1.0 for Windows, which can also read all existing
– Creating catalogs now runs threaded, so you can create multiple catalogs
at once and continue working with CDFinder at the same time.
– CDFinder optionally reads comments and the version info of files when
creating or updating a catalog.
– Creating a catalog of a non-HFS or HFS+ volume now is twice as fast.
– Sorting by name now uses Natural Order, which is a bit slower, but much
– CDFinder finally is able to eject multi-session CD volumes correctly!
– As always, all known bugs have been fixed.
Norbert M. Doerner