June 27, 2000
We are proud to announce the availability of the REALbasic 3.0a2. Using this alpha release gives you the chance to learn about new features in REALbasic early, work with Carbon, and participate in setting the direction for the next release. It runs on and compiles for both Classic (7.61 to Mac OS 9) and Mac OS X DP 4. It uses Carbon and the Aqua User Interface for both the IDE and the compiled applications when running in Mac OS X, and Platinum in Classic.
Alpha Software Notice:
* This is Alpha software.
* This means this release is for testing purposes only.
* Use it at your own risk.
* Back up your project and any associated data files before you open it using
an Alpha release.
* Please discuss issues relating to this release on the Developer Releases
email list. (mailto: email@example.com)
* Please report bugs when you find them using REALbugs
* All Alpha releases are time-limited.
* Features present in Alphas may not be included in the final release. This
includes 68k support.
* Please read the release notes.
Thanks for your support!