Vicomsoft Announces Release Of Eleven Internet Connectivity Software Server
Mountain View Firm Now Offers Software Server Modules For Enhanced Internet
Sharing, Throughput And Network Administration In Modular Product Line
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA — (INTERNET WIRE) — 03/09/2000 — Vicomsoft,the
Internet connectivity specialists, today announced the availability of
eleven individual Internet connectivity software server modules. The
modules, which provide enhanced and extended Internet sharing functionality
to multiple LAN users, are available individually as add-ons to Vicomsoft’s
popular SoftRouter or as bundled server suites in the Internet Gateway
“Users today require far more than basic connectivity when connecting their
LANs to the Internet.” said Brian Morris, President of Vicomsoft. “We now
provide a broad range of extended Internet connectivity servers for
connection sharing, throughput enhancement, security and filtering,
available in a variety of modular configurations, or bundled in server
suites. Our software can be adapted to our users’ exact needs and budgets.”
Standard features included in SoftRouter and Internet Gateway:
* Software TCP/IP Router
* Network Address Translation (NAT)
* DHCP Server
* DNS Server
* Level 3 Secure Firewall
Additional modules available for SoftRouter and included in one or more
Internet Gateway suites:
* Connection Teaming of multiple simultaneous Internet connections.
* WebHeader graphical message board server.
* Transparent Web Caching server.
* Off Line Library of cached content for subsequent off line browsing.
* Remote Administration of servers from the LAN or from the Internet.
* Timed Access Controls limiting users’ on line time.
* PPP Dial-in Server allowing users to dial into the office LAN.
* TCP Server Locator for locating Web or other TCP enabled LAN servers.
* Site Filtering for controlling access to questionable Web sites.
* Connection Fallback ensuring maximum availability of Internet access.
SoftRouter is designed to leverage Vicomsoft’s strong reputation in the
field of Internet connectivity and to extend its already successful product
line into lower cost entry points. It provides basic Internet sharing
functionality for LANs of all sizes, and supports any type of Internet
connection. Additional server modules may be purchased as needed.
The Internet Gateway is available in three different server suites. Each
suite includes all of the features and functions of SoftRouter, plus
selected modules adapted to the needs of a specific market:
1) The Small Office Suite offers Internet connectivity for up to five
simultaneous users plus two selected server modules.
2) The Professional Suite allows for the connection of up to ten LAN users
to the Internet and includes three selected server modules.
3) The Enterprise Suite provides Internet connectivity for unlimited users
and includes six selected server modules.
Educational suites are available at special educational pricing.
SoftRouter is available for both Apple [NASDAQ:AAPL] MacOS and Microsoft
[NASDAQ:MSFT] Windows platforms from only $99. Internet Gateway Enhanced
Server Suites are also available for both platforms from $149. Full
information on each product and exact module configurations can be found on
Vicomsoft’s web site at www.vicomsoft.com/pr
Free upgrades to version 6.6 are available until March 31st 2000 for users
who have purchased on or after January 1st 2000.
Vicomsoft encourages users to ‘try before buying’ and provides a
downloadable trial version on the web site.
Founded in 1982, Vicomsoft was among the first software companies to
provide desktop personal computer communications solutions. Vicomsoft has
18 years’ experience in providing and supporting professional quality
software products for a wide range of customers including schools, higher
education, small business, SOHO, home users and corporate/enterprise. An
ongoing research and development commitment ensures that our customers
continue to receive leading edge solutions.
Further Information: Telephone: (650) 691 9520
Web Site: http://www.vicomsoft.com