iView Multimedia 3.6 has a host of improvements in all areas
and now comes in French and Italian flavors.
The newest version of iView Multimedia is available for download from:
A very special iView Multimedia user makes these comments.
I’ve always preferred bits to atoms. But my Mac started looking like
my photo shoebox – stuff everywhere. I don’t need overkill. I simply
need an easy-to-use, powerful, “shoebox” organizer for my
photorealistic renderings, hi-res textures, and even digital photos
of my family vacation. iView Multimedia is my solution.
Co-creator of MYST and RIVEN
iView Multimedia Description and Features
– Its name describes what it does ‘I View Multimedia’.
– iView Multimedia is a professional digital asset management system.
– It can be used by pros in a demanding publishing environment
because it follows international standards, is photoshop compatible,
is extremely fast, powerful, stable and has great color precision.
– At the same time it is not just for pros because it is fun,
inexpensive, practical and easy to use for anyone with a Macintosh.
– iView Multimedia can be used to catalog/display all these files,
Quark, Canvas, Painter, Live Picture, Freehand, PageMaker,
Illustrator, gif, jpg, TIFF, PICT, GX, BMP, Targa, EPS, fonts,
sounds, movies, QuickTime VR, animation, MPEG, PNG, Photoshop, MIDI,
karaoke, Electric Image and Electronic Arts, and many others.
– Dicom format medical X-Ray images using an optional Quicktime importer.
– iView Multimedia can also catalog images for Kodak pro digital cameras like:
Kodak DCS 1, 3, 5, 315, 410, 420, 460, 520, 620
Canon EOS D2000
and reads EXIF info (data, annotations and comments in JPEG and TIFF
files) from other cameras like the Nikon CoolPix 900/950. iView
Multimedia also supports Camera Bits Photo Mechanic and Camera Bits
AP Viewer images, including annotations and EXIF style info and reads
and displays the Seattle FilmWorks file format.
– Instead of groping around CDs, servers, and large hard drives for
hours trying to find some image, sound, or animation use iView
Multimedia to instantly find that particular media file you want.
– Movies, sound, music, MIDI, VR, karaoke and animations can all be played.
– 8000 media files can be kept in one catalog and an infinite number
of these catalogs can be created.
– Create a web site of thumbnail and full sized images with just two clicks.
– Export catalogs of media from iView Multimedia as QuickTime movies
or a poster or a text database or as an HTML website?
– iView Multimedia can print out images and catalogs in a number of
formats including for a CD jewel case or Zip disk case and in many
– Add annotation in the professional (ANPA) format used by Photoshop
to any media file.
– Add annotation as a batch to thousands of files at a time something
Photoshop cannot do.
– Has many other tools to batch rename, move, copy, convert media files.
– Can create finder icons for all images in a catalog.
– Display media files thru 4 different views. Info, Thumbnail, Full
Size and Slide Show.
– Uses Apples drag and drop technology very effectively.
– Is upgraded often.
– The creators are open to feedback and suggestions. An expert in the
field of digital photography says:
“Digital photographers looking for a robust, low-cost way to archive
their Kodak Professional proprietary TIFFs need look no further than
iView Multimedia. Users who process their digital cameras images
through Camera Bits Photo Mechanic or AP Viewer software will be
especially happy with the new features in iView Multimedia 3.6.”
Digital photographer and author of
The Digital Photojournalist’s Guide 4th Ed.
IMPORTANT: CD ROM publishers, photographers and others can burn iView
Multimedia on their CD’s and include it with their catalogs royalty
free. Digital camera manufacturers are also welcome to include iView
Multimedia free with their cameras. Please contact us for more
Who Its For
Everyone who needs to track multimedia files. Anyone with a digital
camera will find iView Multimedia essential but it is also designed
for newspapers, DTP pros, photographers, publishing professionals,
scientists, educators, students, doctors, cinematographers,
cartoonists, illustrators, cd producers, real estate agents,
technologists, magazine designers, multimedia producers, web
publishers, consultants, database developers, designers, musicians,
sound pro’s, singers, artists, and complete and total beginners.
iView Multimedia is for anyone who wants to find and immediately use
a multimedia file.
What It Does
iView Multimedia provides the easiest and most powerful way to view
and organize all the media on your Mac OS computer(s). iView
Multimedia is a tool to help you to do less and accomplish more. It
lets the professional focus on their creative work and not on
learning a new piece of software. If you are tired of searching
mountains of disks and CD’s trying to unearth that special photo,
QTVR or clip art it is time to try something that instantly saves you
and your business time and energy.
iView can act as your digital image database, your karaoke jukebox,
your sound library, your scrapbook of clip art, your PhotoShop
organizer, your movie database, your font collection, your
quicktimeVR gallery, your animation museum, your Illustrator archive,
your Freehand album and now your Canvas and Quark or PageMaker
iView Multimedia costs just $25. iViewXT which allows iView
Multimedia to read and catalog Quark files is $48. Site Licenses are
available. We also can tailor/program iView Multimedia for special
projects. Please contact us for details.
Screen shots for magazines and news web sites are available on request.
New features in version 3.6
– Thorough tidy-up on apple scripting now supports import/export of
annotations, and export of media info and photo format data, to and from
3rd party data base and spreadsheet applications.
– Improved rendering for 24bit JPEG’s.
– Improved html export and movie export functions.
– Improved animation/sound playback now works in all views.
– Improved slide show (added – Manual mode & CapsLock to freeze slide
– More image conversion options (with QT4 – karaoke, midi, etc.)
– Added support for Electric Image and Electronic Arts IFF formats.
– Support for the EXIF format (JPEG) “Minolta Dimage V/Flashpoint Camera
– Added stop-search button in toolbar
– Added “Revert catalog” command
– Catalogs can now be shared safely across remote volumes (read only).
– Added personalization splash screen (contact: email@example.com)
– Added Italian language extension.
Bug fixes from earlier versions
– Fixed minor window zooming/resizing problems.
– Movie export: use image previews if it can’t locate the image
– Fixed printing bug when no printer is available
– Fixed catalog locking problem after a catalog save.
– Fixed minor problem with data fork-based annotation
– Fixed lock file problem when opening/saving jpegs/tiffs with cretor
– Fixed bug when resizing columns to minimum setting
For more information please email: