This announcement is from:
Eric Bickford, email@example.com
Web Broadcasting, http://webfm.com/
REVISION 3 OF WEBFM 4.0 FOR FILEMAKER PRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD NOW
COMPATIBLE WITH WEBSTAR 3.0 SSI PLUG-IN FOR INLINE DATABASE REQUESTS
Palo Alto, CA — August 14, 1998 — Web Broadcasting announces the
immediate availability of WEBFM 4.0v3 for FileMaker Pro 3.0/4.0. WEBFM 4.0
is a plug-in to popular Mac OS web servers including WebSTAR, Quid Pro Quo,
WebTEN, and AppleShare IP providing a web browser interface to FileMaker
Pro databases over the Internet.
WEBFM 4.0v1 introduced an industry first: easy-to-use, Internet standard
Template files with “context-sensitive” [field name] tokens and AUTOMATIC
selection of pop-up, checkbox, and radio button HTML elements. Version
4.0v2 added W*API 1.3 Virtual Domain support. WEBFM 4.0v3 includes
additional improvements making it the best, most feature-rich and stable
version of WEBFM released to date.
1) WEBFM 4.0v3 now registers a service routine which the WebSTAR 3.0 SSI
plug-in can call upon using the “piservice” tag for multiple INLINE
database requests. This feature is useful, for example, with a home page
containing several different lists of dynamic items requiring multiple
inline requests to the same or different databases.
2) WEBFM 4.0v3 now bundles the new FireSite SSI_PIXO Adapter plug-in. WEBFM
4.0 is a full featured PIXO dispatcher capable of calling the SSI_PIXO
adapter so database response pages are processed by the WebSTAR 3.0 SSI
3) The [field name] token in Template files may now reference repeating or
relational portal fields without requiring the (portal) tag.
4) The FindUser and Update commands now recognize the “error” variable. By
default, WEBFM presents an authentication dialog. However, by simply using
the “error” variable webmasters can force an error response page instead.
1) Fixed the lost HTTP response header when an SSI processor is enabled.
2) Fixed a security flaw with the FindUser command.
3) Improved reliability of the (portal) tag.
4) Updated the PIXO Processors CookieCutter and Decode to version 1.1.
ORDERING & DOWNLOAD INFORMATION
WEBFM 4.0v3 is available direct from Web Broadcasting or through select
reseller channels at a retail price of $395. Upgrade orders from WEBFM 3.0
and earlier are $195 with free shipping. To order WEBFM 4.0 online or
download a full 7 day demo version visit: