FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Acrux Software announces “Teach! Pro 1” a Mac-only multimedia authoring tool.
Contact: Mike Thorpe, Acrux Software
tel: 31 20 6261899
(Amsterdam, Netherlands, August 7 1998)–Acrux Software, the provider of
Macintosh educational software and courseware, today announced the release
of Teach! Pro 1: a Mac-only multimedia authoring tool of particular
interest for the education community.
Teach! Pro 1 is currently being premiered by CNET Download.com.
Teach! brings simple but powerful multimedia authoring facilities to a wide
audience of users and designers, but especially to teachers and school
students. The secret of its power lies in its innovative authoring
environment. No programming, scripting or icon flows – just a simple,
intuitive point-and-click visual interface.
Audio-visual guides demonstrate both what the program can do, and how to do
it. A pop-up “objects library” provides the project designer with a rich
source of ready made objects which can easily be used by just dragging them
to the project, followed in some cases by answering a few questions put by
the program. No further set up is required to get things working. Also
provided are templates (framework pages) and project stationery, enabling
really rapid project development. Teachers can develop a test before the
lunch break is over!
Despite its simple user interface, Teach! contains so many features and
facilities that the courseware and presentations you create with it can
easily rival those produced by competing programs, which often carry a much
* full-screen and slide-show type presentations, or separate windows for
* ingenious but simple timing mechanism allows engaging, fully interactive
courseware without time lines or scripting
* many question types: multiple-choice, fill-in-the blank, fill-in-the
number, drag-the-picture, choose-the-button
* automatic response checking and scoring
* program-generated reports containing not only scores, but also actual
responses from users, useful for teachers and surveys
* “talking text” for stories, presentations, or to help kids learning to
read; no recording required, and lots of different voices are available
* hypertext and button links not only to other Teach! projects, but also to
locations on the WWW, or to other applications
* connections between objects allowing transfer of data between objects and
pages, enabling several objects to work together
* contents lists & alphabetical indexes of projects – automatically maintained
* visual and sound effects, which can be applied to both individual objects
and entire pages
* support for really large projects without time or memory penalties
* comprehensive pop-up help system
* multi-user network version available later this month
With Teach!, creating projects is as much fun as running them! But don’t
take our word for it! Download the 30-day fully-functional trialware
package from any of these FTP addresses:
and try it yourself. The trialware package can be turned into a standard
single-user program license via a safe instant Internet or telephone
purchase – no further downloads are required!
Prices and Availability:
Teach! Pro 1 single user version is available now directly from Acrux
Software and through several US distributors. Network and publisher
versions will be released later this month. See our Web site
(http://www.acruxsoft.com) for more details.
When purchased electronically, the price of a single user license is just $49.
The suggested retail price for a single-user license supplied on CD is $79
(or $99 with a printed manual).
There are special deals for educational users, including a very competitive
educational site license (valid for up to 30 school + 30 home computers).
Acrux Software remains committed to providing the most effective
educational multimedia tools for the Macintosh platform. Teach! is in
continuous development, and registered users are entitled to free Web-based
updates for one year from the date of purchase.