Version 1.4.7 of MoreFiles is now available. The changes from v1.4.6 to
v1.4.7 are listed below.
You can download it today from from :
It will also submitted for release through the following channels (and may be
available today or in the near future):
Apple’s Developer CD
Apple Developer World web/ftp site
America Online’s Macintosh Developers Forum library (keyword: MDV)
CompuServe’s Macintosh Developers Forum library (GO MACDEV)
Metrowerks (for inclusion with their next CD)
– Jim Luther, Apple Computer, Inc.
* Fixed DirectoryCopy.p header (FSpFilteredDirectoryCopy wasn’t there;
FSpDirectoryCopy was there twice).
* PreflightFileCopySpace, PreflightGlobals, and PreflightDirectoryCopySpace
now use unsigned long values for block counts to support Mac OS Enhanced
volumes which can have more than 64K of allocation blocks, and to fix
problems with large files.
Other changes and improvements:
* __USEPRAGMAINTERNAL is now used to control the “#pragma internal on”
optimization and it defaults to off in Optimization.h.
* In most cases, output parameters are not changed if error occurs (for
example, see ResolveFileIDRef).
* Added __MACOSSEVENFIVEONEORLATER, __MACOSSEVENFIVEORLATER, and
__MACOSSEVENORLATER defines so that compatibility and bug fix code can be
removed when specific versions of Mac OS are required. (FSpCompat.c is
affected the most.)
* Reconditionalized FSpCompat.c so that more compatibility code can be
* Added XGetVolumeInfoNoName to MoreFilesExtras.c.
* GetFullPath and FSpGetFullPath now allow creation of full pathnames to
files or directories that don’t exist (all directories up to that
file/directory must exist).
* Added BuildAFPXVolMountInfo and RetrieveAFPXVolMountInfo to work with new
AppleShare IP clients (AppleShare client versions 3.7 and later).
* Changed API of BuildAFPVolMountInfo to closely match
BuildAFPXVolMountInfo. It now allocates the space for the AFPVolMountInfo
* RetrieveAFPVolMountInfo now checks offsets and doesn’t use them if they
* Conditionally added volume mount constants and structures (from Files.h
in Universal Interfaces 3.0.1 and later) to MoreFilesExtras.h and .p.
* Added XVolumeParam to UniversalFMPB.
* Changed zoneName and serverName fields in MyAFPVolMountInfo to Str32
since AppleTalk names can be 32 characters.
* Added MyAFPXVolMountInfo to MoreFilesExtras.h.
* Added XGetVolumeInfoNoName to MoreFilesExtras.h.
* Removed Sharing.h, Sharing.p, and UpperString.p. The routines defined by
these files have been defined for several years, so it’s time for them to
* Removed FindFolderGlue.o library. The code in the FindFolderGlue.o
library is supplied by all recent development environments, so it’s time
for it to go.