Version 1.4.4 of MoreFiles is now available. The changes from v1.4.3 to
v1.4.4 are listed below.
You can download it today from from :
It will also submitted for release through the following channels (and may
be available today or in the near future):
Apple’s Developer CD
Apple Developer World web/ftp site
America Online’s Macintosh Developers Forum library (keyword: MDV)
CompuServe’s Macintosh Developers Forum library (GO MACDEV)
Metrowerks (for inclusion with their next CD)
Symantec (for inclusion with their next CD)
– Jim Luther, Apple Computer, Inc.
– Added “| REGISTER_RESULT_LOCATION(kRegisterD0)” to
uppFSDispatchProcInfo in PBXGetVolInfoSync. (the code produced is the same
since REGISTER_RESULT_LOCATION(kRegisterD0) happens to be 0).
– Initialized ioDTReqCount before calling PBDTGetComment. See the comment
in DTGetComment in MoreDesktopMgr.c for the reasons why.
– Fixed paramErr check in GetDirName in MoreFilesExtras.c so it actually
– Rewrote CopyDirectoryAccess in MoreFilesExtras.c for better error
– Fixed error handling in GetAPPLFromDesktopFile in MoreDesktopMgr.c.
– Fixed off by one errors in GetLocalIDFromFREF and
GetIconRsrcIDFromLocalID in MoreDesktopMgr.c.
– Changed IterateDirectoryLevel so that it continues iterating when it
finds a directory that cannot be accessed due to an afpAccessDenied error.
Other changes and improvements:
– Added const type qualifier to input-only pointer parameters. That
includes changing many StringPtr parameters to ConstStr255Param (thanks to
Stephen C. Gilardi for starting this project).
– General cleanup to improve readability and code generation.
– Added DTXGetAPPL to MoreDesktopMgr. DTXGetAPPL works like DTGetAPPL
only it has an additional input parameter, searchCatalog. If searchCatalog
is set to false, the catalog search is skipped if the application isn’t
found in the desktop database or desktop file. This is useful if you need
to find the application quickly (the catalog search can be quite time
– Removed “BuildMoreFiles Metrowerks” script. I’ve decided that it’s too
hard to keep the scripts working with current IDEs.
– Removed pre-v1.4 release notes from this Read Me because it was too big