FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 12, 1998
Eric Bickford, President
Web Broadcasting Corp.
WEB BROADCASTING SHIPS 100% JAVA-FREE WEB FM 4.0 FOR FILEMAKER PRO
MAJOR NEW VERSION ADDS SUPPORT FOR EASY-TO-USE, INTERNET STANDARD
TEMPLATE FILES WITH NO NEED TO LEARN YET ANOTHER MARKUP LANGUAGE
"JUST SAY NO" TO CONFUSING, INCOMPATIBLE, PROPRIETARY MARKUP [/TAGS]
Internet World, Los Angeles CA -- March 12, 1998 -- Web Broadcasting
Corporation today announces the release of WEB FM 4.0. WEB FM 4.0 is a
plug-in to popular Mac OS web servers such as WebSTAR, Quid Pro Quo,
WebTEN, and AppleShare IP that enables FileMaker Pro developers to
quickly and easily build wicked fast, truly dynamic and interactive online
database applications for the World Wide Web or corporate Intranet.
WEB FM's extensive feature list mirrors that of FileMaker Pro 4.0 for
Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 3.1 and Mac OS from FileMaker Inc. It fully
supports relational and portal fields; browsing, sorting, creating and
editing database records; even running ScriptMaker scripts via a web
WEB FM is optimized for top performance and is compatible with either
FileMaker Pro 3.0 or 4.0 on the PowerPC or 68K Mac OS platforms. With
accelerated database performance measured in fractions of a second, WEB FM
is capable of handling the higher traffic web sites requiring tens of
thousands of database transactions per day.
NEW TEMPLATE FILE SUPPORT
WEB FM 4.0 introduces support for easy-to-use Template files. Template
files are Internet standard HTML documents void of confusing, incompatible,
and proprietary markup [/tags]. For this reason a webmaster need not learn
yet another markup language, and Template documents are fully compatible
with all existing web page editors and client browsers.
A new highly intelligent parsing algorithm in WEB FM automatically selects
appropriate pop-up/pull-down menu items and automatically checks
appropriate radio button or checkbox fields in a Template document using
database record information. A single context-sensitive [field name] token
may be used throughout a Template document to dynamically insert cell data
where desired, auto-populate pop-up/pull-down menus, and auto-replicate
radio button and checkbox fields from database value lists, all with no
NEW PLUG-IN PROCESSORS
WEB FM 4.0 introduces a new plug-in architecture for database-level add-on
Filter and Server-Side Include Processors such as Maxum Development's
NetCloak 2.5. Processors are separate web server plug-ins supporting the
PIXO ("Plug-In Cross-Over") API standard for web server plug-ins to
communicate and cooperate.
NEW RECORD-LEVEL SECURITY
WEB FM 4.0 significantly enhances features for record-level security. A
fully revised FindUser command now supports most Find command features, but
with record-level user authentication requirements. This means users can
flexibly Find and modify their own, and only their own, records in
databases where the permission to Browse records is disabled. Moreover, a
client Cookie value may now also be used in place or absence of a valid
password when finding or updating database records.
NEW BUNDLED SOLUTIONS
WEB FM 4.0 includes GOT COOKIES?, a new web server tool for easy,
feature-rich "cookie" management. Cookies are useful for state management
and electronic commerce applications when adding, updating, or searching
for database records.
WEB FM 4.0 includes FM@iler, a ready-to-use program for email archival via
Emailer 2.0 to a new searchable web database.
* The fastest web server plug-in available for FileMaker Pro.
* Plug-ins for both English and Japanese FileMaker Pro.
* Improved plug-in administration database.
* Automatic support for custom HTTP response headers.
* Supports custom, database-level HTTP entity fields.
* Includes "Got Cookies?" for easy, feature-rich cookie management.
* Includes "FM@iler" for email archival to a searchable web database.
* Send email via Emailer 2.0.
* Supports Find for personal, and only personal, database records.
* Supports Find on browser Cookie values.
* Template file support with dynamic database [field name] substitutions.
* Store Template documents inside or outside database.
* No need to learn another markup language.
* Template files fully compatible with existing web page editors.
* Automatic selection of pop-up menus, checkboxes, and radio buttons.
* Dynamic population of pop-up menus and scroll lists.
* Dynamic replication of checkboxes and radio buttons.
* Supports (portal) tag with dynamic replication of relational fields.
* Template file support with error [search field] substitutions.
* Token for [search field] substitutions.
* Tokens for [layout], [sort], [sortorder], [script], [html] variables.
* Tokens for [database], [field name], [page], [pages].
* Find or modify personal, and only personal, database records.
* Record-level security with Find command feature set.
* Record-level security with Cookie authentication.
* PIXO dispatcher for add-on Processors including NetCloak 2.5.
* Processors for incoming Filters and outgoing Server-Side Includes.
* Processors for incoming/outgoing custom character translations.
* Processor for the capture and use of browser [cookie] values.
ORDERING & DOWNLOAD INFORMATION
WEB FM 4.0 is available direct from Web Broadcasting or through select
reseller channels at a retail price of $395. Upgrade orders placed by April
30th, 1998, are $195 with free shipping. To order WEB FM 4.0 online or
download a full 7 day demo version visit:
Eric Bickford firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Broadcasting Corporation http://macweb.com/
Web Essentials for FileMaker Pro WEB FM, PICT FM, LOG FM, TAG FM