[MD1] Valentina 1.1.1 update
Update Valentina 1.1.1 fixes the next bugs:
a) "security bug" like in Microsoft Word 98
(files of database contain information of deleted disk files);
b) fixed crash when a selection of more than 300'000
records is sorted.
Valentina is a database engine which works hundreds and sometimes a
thousand times as fast as others MacOS DBMS (4th Dimension, FileMaker
Pro, NeoAccess), see benchmarks at (http://www.kagi.com/paradigma).
In particular: indexing 100-200 times faster;
searching 100-500+ times faster;
sorting )1000 times faster.
1) It takes Valentina 68k on the Macintosh LC/68020
31 seconds to perform the particular search.
2) It takes FileMaker PPC on the G3/233
71 seconds to perform the same test.
3) It takes Valentina PPC on the G3/233
about 0.4 of second to performs the same test.
Valentina is available for Apple Script lovers,
as scriptable standalone application.
- up to 65'000 Tables in the database;
- up to 65'000 fields per Table;
- types of fields: bool, byte, short, ushort,
long, ulong, string, date, time, BLOB, ObjectPtr
- up to 4 billions records per Table;
- up to 4 GB size of the database file
+ up to 4 GB indexes + up to 4 GB BLOB-data.
- multi-field range search;
- multi-field sort;
- multiple selections per Table;
- cascade deleting;
- import/export from/to ASCII file;
- PPC and 68K versions are available.
US $49, free upgrade to the 1.x versions.
Web : http://www.kagi.com/paradigma
WEB : http://www.kagi.com/paradigma