[MD1] METAL v1.0B2, a BASIC metacompiler
From: Marin Saric (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: Announce: METAL v1.0B2, a BASIC metacompiler
Galactic Dreams Software is annoucing a new version (v1.0B2) of its product
METAL. This version is released only a week after a previous one due to
high interest and a lot of positive feedback.
METAL is a BASIC metacompiler for a PowerMac with features such as:
- producing executables
- full on-line help
- a lot of examples
- very big palette of fast graphic functions
- sound playing (AIFF & AIFC files)
- file I/O
The following things are new in METAL v1.0B2:
- Added AppleEvent support
(Drag&Drop file(s), Open, Quit, Shutdown, etc.)
- Added "Get Pict Size" instruction for determining
the PICT file width and height.
- Added "Resize console" instruction for resizing
the METAL console window.
- Reduced the size of the archive to cca. 430K (was 990K).
** Removed the unnecessary "Speechlib" requirement.
(This was the most frequently reported problem, which also
caused some other problems to appear.)
- Fixed some NULL pointer/handle dereferencing in Runtime.
- Special case: GOTO exit from a FOR-NEXT loop in a
subroutine that was called from FOR-NEXT loop.
- Switched "getFrontClicks" to 0 in SIZE resource.
- If you Cut/Copy/Paste/Clear, file is now changed.
Thanks to all who have helped us with bug reports and useful suggestions.
METAL v1.0B2 is a non-crippled freeware product made by Galactic Dreams
Software. METAL can be obtained from
(http://public.srce.hr/~msaric/GDS/software.html) and will be available on
METAL can be freely distributed on any CD-ROM, as long as distributed
entirely and without any modifications.
To find out more about METAL and our other products, visit our homepage at:
For any questions, contact:
Marin.Saric@public.srce.hr or email@example.com