After several months of development, during which we received some
fantastic feedback and feature requests (most of which we implemented!),
PageNOW! E-Mail Gateway for MacOS is now available!
The PageNOW! E-Mail Gateway provides a link between email addresses and
pagers or digital phones. The gateway simply checks internet email
addresses, and relays any messages found to the designated pager or phone.
The gateway can be used with email accounts on an in-house email server, or
those on an internet service provider - you can even mix and match.
The gateway can be used in many ways! Just two examples are:
1) Use the gateway to check existing accounts for email (email@example.com),
and send just part of the message (such as sender and subject), and leave
the mail on the server for later retrieval.
2) Create pager-specific accounts that are meant to send the entire message
directly to the pager. Create accounts such as firstname.lastname@example.org or
email@example.com to make it easy for people to remember how to
The MacOS version includes all of the same features of the Windows version:
- Works with all POP3 accounts
- Accounts can be on local/corporate email server (such as AIMS, EIMS,
QuickMail Pro Server, WebSTAR Server Suite, etc.), or ISP
- Control what parts of the email message are sent
(Banner, From, Subject, Date, Contents of message, etc.)
- Indicate the size limit for each message
- Review how a sample message will be displayed for each user, based on
the property settings that you control
- Determine how often the gateway will check for email messages
to be paged
- Control the hours during which pager/digital phone messages will be
accepted and sent. (24 X7, or 9 am - 5 pm, or whatever time period
meets the needs of your organization.)
- Maintain privacy--pager IDs, paging service phone numbers, etc., are
seen only by the system administrator.
- Provide clients, vendors, patients, customers, in-house, or field
personnel with one, easy-to remember email address for sending pages
from anywhere to anyone, anywhere, who is listed in your PageNOW! E-Mail
Additionally, the Mac version:
- Is multi-threaded for optimum performance.
- Uses the appearance manager for a contemporary user interface
(appearance manager is included with OS 8.0 and later,
or can be installed for System 7.x)
The Mac OS version requires System 8 or later (System 7.x supported if
appearance manager installed) and is available in a 5-address license pack
starting at $199. (See web page for full price lists).
Full electronic documentation is included, and this product is available
for same-day e-mail delivery when ordered via credit card online or phone
call to Software Shippers at 800-799-1718.
For details visit: http://www.markspace.com/pagenow_egate.html
111 West Saint John, 3rd Floot
San Jose, CA 95113 USA