Mosyle, which specializes in modern Apple MDM and security, has announced the general availability of a public and extended beta of OneK12, the Apple Unified Platform for educational institutions.
The new platform integrates device management, content filtering, endpoint security, Single Sign-On, application management, and classroom management on a single Apple-only solution. The company also announced several enhancements to Mosyle Manager, its flagship mobile device management (MDM) offering for K-12 schools across the globe. According to Alcyr Araujo, founder and CEO at Mosyle, OneK12 combines six disparate solutions into a single platform to provide IT teams with:
- Enhanced Device Management: Delivers full MDM for macOS, iOS and tvOS, zero-touch deployment, automated ongoing management, screen sharing, and support for shared devices, all purpose-built for K-12 workflows and use cases.
- Content Filtering: Offers encrypted DNS functionality that automates web filtering and encryption exclusively on Apple endpoints used in education. By focusing on the device instead of the network, students and teachers get fast, secure and reliable web privacy and security at school, on the go or at home.
- Endpoint Security: Provides next-generation AI-based malware protection, automated security compliance review and remediation, user privilege management and online threat protection to keep students and teachers safe.
- Single Sign-On: Mosyle Auth 2 offers the control of macOS LoginWindows, creating another level of security while giving teachers and students the simplicity of using school-provided credentials to authenticate Macs.
- Classroom Management: Enables teachers to customize device preferences during class time. With the click of a button all devices in the class will be configured to meet the teacher’s expectations, saving more time for learning.
- Application Management: Includes a robust set of application management features, allowing customers to remotely deploy, update and manage any compatible app on Apple devices regardless of its availability on Apple’s App Store.
To continue to meet the growing demand for supporting K-12 Apple devices, the company also introduced a brand-new interface that will be available for both education products, Mosyle Manager and Mosyle OneK12. The update is designed to deliver an improved user experience and make it easier for IT teams to manage fleets of Apple devices at school.
With the release of the public beta of Mosyle OneK12, Mosyle is also making Mosyle Embark available for education customers. Mosyle Embark is a new workflow tool for Macs designed to enhance first day experiences by guiding and informing teachers and students during the configuration of their new Mac. Mosyle Embark will be available for all future OneK12 customers.
To learn more about Mosyle, Mosyle Manager and OneK12, visit https://school.mosyle.com/.
Article provided with permission from AppleWorld.Today