Nielsen’s weekly chart also features an Apple TV+ series for the first time — “Ted Lasso” — as Apple’s streaming platform joins Disney+, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon’s Prime Video in being measured for the rankings.
“Ted Lasso” racked up 509 million minutes of viewing on Apple TV+ in the week after it won multiple Emmys, including best comedy series. It ranks fifth among originals for the week, and Nielsen says it would have made the top 10 originals in several prior weeks during the show’s second season as well had Apple TV+ been included in earlier rankings.
Nielsen’s streaming ratings cover viewing on TV sets only and don’t include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure U.S. audiences, not those in other countries, and currently only include Apple TV+, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix and Prime Video.
Nielsen’s top streaming original series for Sept. 20-26 were:
1. Squid Game (Netflix), 1.91 billion minutes viewed
2. Lucifer (Netflix), 860 million
3. Sex Education (Netflix), 856 million
4. Midnight Mass (Netflix), 566 million
5. Ted Lasso (Apple TV+), 509 million
6. The Circle (Netflix), 436 million
7. Clickbait (Netflix), 409 million
8. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 381 million
9. Only Murders in the Building (Hulu), 299 million
10. Monsters Inside: The 24 Faces of Billy Milligan (Netflix), 251 million
Article provided with permission from AppleWorld.Today