Insider Software’s FontAgent Pro Server 6 for Mac OS X has been updated with lots of new features in version 6.
FontAgent Pro Server a solution for managing, distributing and synchronizing fonts across creative workgroups in agencies, small businesses and large enterprises. It provides a font management system that integrates diagnostics, repair, font selection, font book creation, and design tools in a single powerful, yet simple application for creative professionals. The new release of the font server introduces:
• Unique, highly detailed font usage and license compliance reports
• An all-new browser-based dashboard and admin tools
• Architecture, performance and directory services enhancements
• Support for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
• Customizable web previews of server-based fonts.
FontAgent Pro Server 6 also introduces an all-new dashboard that enables admins to:
• Create and manage users and groups
• Distribute font libraries to users and groups with two clicks
• Receive alerts when fonts are distributed beyond their license limits
° Instantly access the Inside Scoop blog.
FontAgent Pro Server 6 runs on Mac OS X 10.8 and later. It serves PostScript Type 1, OpenType, dfont, and Mac and Windows TrueType font formats; and supports both Mac and Windows users of FontAgent Pro Connected Edition.
FontAgent Pro Server 6 provides reports that detail how fonts are distributed and used to help admins maintain font license compliance and control font license costs. The new browser-based reports include:
• Number of activations by font and by user
• Number of licenses for each font and how many are used
• Which users and machines have downloaded copies of which fonts
• Which fonts were active for each user at the last server sync
• Lists of authorized users and groups.
All the new reports can be printed or saved as pdf or csv files for further distribution or processing.
The new FontAgent Pro Server increases its performance lead with architectural advances that include:
• An updated industrial-strength, J2EE server architecture for rock-solid stability and scalability
• A multi-threaded, client sync manager that’s now even faster, more network-efficient and more reliable.
Version 6 of FontAgent Pro Server also sports:
• Improved synchronization with Active/Open/LDAP directories
• Faster, more efficient loading of directory records
° Improved handling of nested directory groups.
FontAgent Pro Server is priced at US$1,695. Each user connecting to the server requires a licensed version of the FontAgent Pro connected client. Volume license pricing is available on request. For more information, go to www.insidersoftware.com.