Smith Micro Software’s StuffIt Deluxe 16 for Mac now boastsCloud Services integration, a new cloud-based file transfer feature that lets users send large files without the dealing with email attachments or FTP.
With the new release, more than 16 million StuffIt users can share photos, videos, music and more using cloud storage services, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and SendStuffNow. StuffIt Archive Manager is now more efficient with a new QuickLook search feature; streamlined navigation helps users quickly open, expand, create, verify, and schedule archiving, according to the folks at Smith Micro.
StuffIt works with virtually all files and compression formats, such as zip, to satisfy all users’ personal and professional needs and ensure that all their photos, music, videos, PowerPoint presentations and other large files are shared or stored securely. StuffIt Deluxe Mac 16 includes:
· StuffIt Destinations – an easy to use drag and drop tiles that allow you to compress and send files anywhere you’d like
· StuffIt Archive Manager – an archiving manager to allows you to perform more complex archiving and compression tasks
· StuffIt Magic Menu – quick access to StuffIt features right in the Finder, without having to launch any of the StuffIt applications
· StuffIt Expander – a file extractor that uncompresses Zip archives and decompresses RAR, TAR, GZIP, BZIP archives and more
New StuffIt Deluxe Mac 16 major features include:
· Updated StuffIt Destinations lets you drag and drop files onto any destination tile, where it packages the files and delivers them to a pre-set destination.
· StuffIt Deluxe 16 eliminates the constraints of uploading large files and sharing them by automatically redirecting large files to the newly integrated cloud services. Recipients can upload directly to their Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive accounts via StuffIt Destinations.
· StuffIt Destination’s tiles can now be customized. Easily change the image, title, and description and get the look and feel and the functionality that you like.
· 64-bit application with a minimum operating system requirement of Mac OS X 10.8.
· Updated features for creating, searching, and browsing archives. Browse and search inside the contents of StuffIt X, Zip, Tar, and RAR archives, including encoded archives, and compressed Tar archives (tarballs) without having to expand them. Use StuffIt Scheduler to create an automatic backup routine, one that will sift through your files and back up only those items that have recently changed.
· Updated MagicMenu provides quick access to StuffIt features right in the Finder, without having to launch any of the StuffIt applications.
· StuffIt Expander will open any archive. Open over 30 different types of compression formats. Relax knowing that you’ll be able to open any type of file you receive from any platform, including Zip, RAR, Tar and StuffIt formats.
StuffIt Deluxe 16 for Mac is now 64-bit only and the minimum system requirement is Mac OS X 10.8 It costs US$49.99; this includes a six-month subscription to Smith Micro’s SendStuffNow cloud storage service (a $60 value).
Registered users of any previous version of StuffIt Deluxe or StuffIt Standard for Mac can upgrade to the new StuffIt Deluxe 16 for Mac for $29.99. StuffIt Deluxe 16 for Mac is available from the Smith Micro Web store (http://tinyurl.com/ke97etd).