NICKENICH, Germany (January 14th, 2009) — Monkeybread Software
releases version 9.0 of the MBS plug-in for REALbasic.
The MBS plug-in comprises a collection of several plug-in parts which
extend the REALbasic development environment with over 1000 classes
featuring over 22000 documented functions.
The plug-ins require REALbasic 5.5 or newer. Also required are 300 MB
hard disc space and around 64 MB of RAM in addition to the requirements
of REALbasic and your operation system itself.
While all plug-in parts compile on Mac OS 8.x, Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X
(universal), Linux and Windows, each function may depend on additional
system requirements to work successfully.
Plugin licenses are available for components or for the complete
collection. Starting at 20 Euro (+VAT) for one component.
If you buy a current license, you will get free updates for one year.
After that year, you can update your license to cover an additional
The plugins can be downloaded on MBS’ website as one big package or
several smaller ones:
The online documentation can be found here:
A few of the new items in version 9.0:
* Added PNGWriterMBS class.
* Added PNGReaderMBS class.
* Added Carbon Events for gesture handling.
* Added more methods to the MenubarMBS class.
* Updated DynaPDF to version 184.108.40.2063
* Updated DarwinIFStatInterfaceMBS to 64bit.
* Added CURLMBS.LoadLibraryData function.
* Added methods to ATSUTextLayoutMBS and ATSUStyleMBS.
* Added ABPickerMBS.SelectedStrings and
* Added CIImageMBS.RenderNSImage and improved CIImageMBS.RenderPicture.
* Added more PictureMBS methods.
* Added TiffPictureMBS.ReadRGB to read a RGBA picture from a tiff file
in a memoryblock.
And a lot of small changes&fixes requested by our users.
Read the complete release notes here:
For questions and announcements you may subscribe to our email list at
(http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/mailinglist.shtml) or visit
the list archive at