Apple released the iPhone 2.1 Software update this morning.
The iPhone 2.1 software update contains many bug fixes and improvements. To
get it, connect your iPhone to your computer using iTunes 8 and click
Check for Update.
* Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
* Significantly better battery life for most users
* Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
* Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and
* Faster installation of 3rd party applications
* Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third
* Improved performance in text messaging
* Faster loading and searching of contacts
* Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
* Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
* Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
* Genius playlist creation