NICKENICH, Germany (February 19th, 2008) — Monkeybread Software
releases version 8.1 of the MBS plug-in for REALbasic.
The MBS plug-in comprises a collection of several plug-in parts which
extend the REALbasic development environment with over 900 classes
featuring over 18000 documented functions.
The plug-ins require REALbasic 5.5 or newer. Also required are 300 MB
hard disc space and around 64 MB of RAM in addition to the requirements
of REALbasic and your operation system itself.
While all plug-in parts compile on Mac OS 8.x, Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X
(universal), Linux and Windows, each function may depend on additional
system requirements to work successfully.
Plugin licenses are available for components or for the complete
collection. Starting at 20 Euro (+VAT) for one component.
If you buy a current license, you will get free updates for one year.
After that year, you can update your license to cover an additional
The plugins can be downloaded on MBS’ website as one big package or
several smaller ones:
The online documentation can be found here:
A few of the new items in version 8.0:
* Added new ThreadMBS class for crossplatform preemptive threads in
* Added MutexMBS class to work with the ThreadMBS class.
* Added IKImageEditPanelMBS class to use the image edit panel from
Apple. (Mac OS X 10.5 only)
* Added FSEventsMBS class to track changes on folders.
(Mac OS X 10.5 only)
* Added NSWorkspaceMBS class.
* Added GrowIconMBS class to draw youself the grow icon on Mac OS X.
* Added window properties for Mac OS X: AsyncDragMBS,
MetalNoContentSeparatorMBS, TexturedSquareCornersMBS and
* Added Rockey4ND class.
* Added CGSWindowListMBS class and methods in CGSConnectionMBS to get
* Added CGSWindowMBS.title method.
* Added Transition methods to OverlayWindowMBS class.
* Added IconMBS.DrawIconCGContext.
* Added PitchMBS and RateChangesPreservePitchMBS to movie class.
* Added DragItemMBS.IsDroppedToTrash.
* Updated DynaPDF plugin part to version 188.8.131.521
* Rewritten PacketSocketMBS class.
* Improved QTGrabberMBS class.
* Improved WinSpeechMBS class.
* Improved OpenDialogMBS class on Windows.
And a lot of small changes&fixes requested by our users.
Read the complete release notes here:
For questions and announcements you may subscribe to our email list at
(http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/mailinglist.shtml) or visit
the list archive at