Huntington Beach, California – December 16, 2007 – ProVUE Development
announces the release of Panorama 5.5, a major revision to our high
performance RAM based database program. Major new features in this
* Enhanced Live Clairvoyance search wizard with bookmarks and formula
search (allows “spotlight” style instant searching of databases by
field, phonetically, or using a boolean formula).
* Directly exchange data between databases and Microsoft Excel
* Import financial data in the QIF, OFX and QFX formats used by Quicken
and most financial institutions.
* Embed programs using AppleScript, Shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python
and PHP directly into Panorama programs. This opens up the huge (and
generally free) code libraries available for these alternate languages
for use within Panorama, including tools for manipulating complex
numbers and matrices, pattern matching, statistical calculations, linear
equations, image manipulation, sql database access, cryptographic
services, xml parsing and various internet protocols including dns, ftp,
smtp, pop3, imap, telnet, ssh, bittorrent, soap and low level tcp/udp
* Easily import images into databases with drag and drop.
* Add zoomable maps to any database with a single line of code.
* Automatically convert forms & reports into PDF format.
* Recent Database wizard helps keep databases organized and instantly
* Multitude of new programming features, including new debugging tools
and user programmable functions.
* All new “Panorama Essentials” book available in PDF format (in
addition to the Panorama Handbook, Tutorial, and other documentation).
Panorama 5.5 is 100% compatible with databases created with all previous
versions of Panorama. A complete description of all the new features in
Panorama 5.5 is available at:
Trial versions of the new version of Panorama can be downloaded from:
– Panorama 5.5 for Macintosh $299.00
– Panorama 5.0 to 5.5 Upgrade $89.95
– Panorama 4.0 to 5.5 Upgrade $184.95
– Panorama 3.x to 5.5 Upgrade $199.95
– Panorama 2.x or 1.x to 5.5 Upgrade $249.95
BACKGROUND: ProVUE Development Corporation, based in Southern
California, has been developing interactive productivity tools
for well over two decades. From the beginning, ProVUE products
have been known for their innovation and performance. Since 1978
over 100,000 customers have used ProVUE products on the CP/M,
Alpha Micro, PC, and Macintosh platforms. ProVUE, a privately
held corporation, was one of the first commercial developers of
Macintosh software, shipping its first Mac program, OverVUE, in
August of 1984.
ProVUE Development Corporation
18685-A Main Street PMB 356
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
1-800-966-7878 (U.S. and Canada) or 1-714-841-7779
Panorama was first introduced on the Macintosh in 1988 and has
nearly one hundred thousand users on that platform. Key product
– Super fast RAM based searching, sorting, and data
– Crosstabs and data outlines.
– Fully relational.
– Full suite of graphic tools including buttons, menus, images,
movies, and elastic forms.
– Bar, line, area, pie and scatter charts.
– Complete programming language, interface builder and
– High speed import/export.
– Extensive documentation, samples, and over 3 hours of video
– Seamless cross platform operation allows databases to be
developed and deployed on both PC (Windows) and Macintosh