NICKENICH, Germany (November 29th, 2007) — Monkeybread Software releases
version 7.7 of the MBS plug-in for REALbasic.
The MBS plug-in comprises a collection of several plug-in parts which
extend the REALbasic development environment with over 900 classes and 2
controls featuring over 18000 documented functions.
The plug-ins require REALbasic 5.5 or newer. Also required are 300 MB hard
disc space and around 64 MB of RAM in addition to the requirements of
REALbasic and your operation system itself. While all plug-in parts compile
on Mac OS 8.x, Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X (universal), Linux and Windows, each
function may depend on additional system requirements to work successfully.
Plugin licenses are available for components or for the complete
collection. Starting at 20 Euro (+VAT) for one component.
If you buy a current license, you will get free updates for one year. After
that year, you can update your license to cover an additional year.
The plugins can be downloaded on MBS’ website as one big package or several
The online documentation can be found here:
A few of the new items in version 7.7:
* Added Kagi Registration Module plugin for Mac and WIndows.
* Improved DynaPDF classes to handle fonts on Mac OS X much better. Now
DynaPDF version 184.108.40.2063
* Updated EyeOne plugin to EyeOne SDK 3.4. Windows DLL is now included.
* Added WindowsStartMenuFolderMBS function.
* The PHP plugin now uses external libraries on Mac OS X and Linux.
* Added HTMLViewer methods for Windows: IETextMBS and IEHTMLTextMBS,
IEFindTextMBS and IEContinueFindTextMBS for search.
* Added ConsoleExecuteMBS function so you can execute an application
from the console.
* Improved AppleRemote class to work on Mac OS X 10.5
* Improved WebKit classes so you can now render offscreen WebViews in
* Added AppleScriptMBS.Periodic event.
* Added DictionaryServiceMBS module (a Mac OS X 10.5 feature).
* Added AppleScriptMBS.Periodic Event.
* Added additional Cocoa classes like NSViewMBS, NSGraphicsMBS,
* Added setView method to NSMenuItemMBS and NSStatusItemMBS to use your
own drawing code for this controls.
* Added CustomNSViewMBS class so you can create your own subclasses in
RB for custom Cocoa controls.
* Moves SetDesktopPictureMBS to a new plugin part and added Windows
* Added Backup functions to the folderitem class to exclude files and
folders from Time Machine backups.
* Added IKSlideShowMBS class to perform slide shows and to import
pictures to iPhoto.
* Added ShotlightMBS function.
* Added IKPictureTakerMBS class to take pictures from iSight, recent
pictures and from disc.
* Added NSMailDeliveryMBS class.
* Added folderitem.QuickLookMBS function.
* Added some new Leopard related NSSpeechSynthesizer methods.
* Added some new Leopard related InstantMessage methods. Also made some
methods to shared methods.
* Added some new Leopard related DVDPlayback methods.
* Added some new Leopard related Addressbook methods.
* Improved IconMBS class icon functions to support large icons up to 512
* Added Picture.ReplaceColorMBS and Picture.ExtractColorMBS.
* Added to NSSpellCheckerMBS class: availableLanguages, hasLearnedWord
and learnWord. All require Mac OS X 10.5.
* Added iCal classes to modify the CalendarStore. Requires Mac OS X
* Added methods to htmlviewer for customized printing: PrintingStartMBS,
PrintingPageMBS and PrintingEndMBS.
* Added MacVRAMSizeMBS function to query the VRAM size of the first
graphics card in a Mac.
* Added MacHasHardwareAcceleratedCoreImageMBS functionto query whether
CoreImage uses hardware acceleration.
* Added functions to SoftDeclareMBS class to call functions with
parameters specified as a string.
* Added functions to SoftDeclareMBS class to load a Windows DLL from a
* Added Phidget classes. (to control custom USB devices)
* Added SparkleMBS class (enables applications to automatically update
* Added WindowsProcessMemoryInfoMBS class.
* Improved the CURL Plugin part. The Windows DLL is now included.
OpenSSL must be installed separately.
* Added PHPMBS.Execute to run php code without the write event. The
plugin collects the output strings and returns them all together from
* Improved memory manager for the Cocoa plugin parts.
And a lot of small changes&fixes requested by our users.
Read the complete release notes here:
For questions and announcements you may subscribe to our email list at
(http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/mailinglist.shtml) or visit
the list archive at