CDFINDER 5.0.2 RELEASED
October 1, 2007, Langenhahn, Germany
West-Forest-Systems today announced the immediate availability of
CDFinder 5.0.2 for download.
CDFinder is the unique software solution to organize your disk and
data archive, and to keep track of digital media assets.
CDFinder is the unique disk cataloging utility for the Apple
Macintosh that catalogs any data disk, CD-ROM, DVD, iPod,
network volume, Audio-CD, Blue-Ray, HD-DVD, and more.
Several unique features set CDFinder apart from the rest of the crowd.
– import 9 catalog formats of other vendors
– read exhaustive photo and audio meta data (JPG, TIFF, PICT, BMP,
EXIF, IPTC, MP3, AAC, WAVE, AIFF)
– catalog the contents of 6 archive file formats
– catalog Audio-CDs
– use AppleScript to integrate CDFinder into any workflow
– search your local data with Spotlight
– find data based on every available meta data piece that CDFinder can catalog
– be used in a cross-platform network with CDFinder for Windows
Contents of archive files can be cataloged as well, including
StuffIt, StuffIt Deluxe, Compact Pro, ZIP (used by Mac OS X), TAR, .rar,
The CDFinder application contains the user interface translated into
several languages: German, French, English, Italian, Swedish,
Spanish, and Dutch.
Together with CDFinder for Windows, (http://www.cdwinder.de/)
this is a unique cross platform, network solution to catalog disks
and CD-ROMs on a Macintosh and a PC.
CDFinder is currently used on more than 32,000 seats worldwide.
Customers include IKEA, NASA, CIA, Warner Bros., Pfizer, Hasbro,
Springer & Jacoby, University of Edinburgh, New York Times,
University of South Australia, BYU University, Stanford University,
Futurenet, Saatchi & Saatchi, Ringier AG, Advico Young Rubicam,
BBDO, McCann-Erickson, Jung von Matt, World Book, Inc.,
The Principal Financial Group, Fossil Partners LP, Addison Design,
StoreImage Programs Inc., Clipper Magazine, and many more.
CDFinder requires Mac OS X 10.4 or newer, and runs just fine in 10.5
As a Universal Binary, it runs native on PowerPC and Intel-Macs.
A CDFinder Private License starts at $39, several Business Licenses
New in CDFinder 5.0.2:
– CDFinder can now import Broken Cross Disk Manager (Windows) XML
files as catalogs
– Another new photo file format for thumbnails: .IFF (used by the
Maya 3D software)
– The Google Earth integration is now faster and launches Google
Earth if it is not yet running
– Enhanced compatibility with mouse drivers, such as USB Overdrive
and the Logitech drivers
– Improved handling of editing other columns than the name
– You can now copy the path of an item to the clipboard by using the
– Fixes a problem where the new label for a catalog wasn’t always
saved into the file
– Fixes a problem of revealing an item in the Finder if two volumes
had identical names
– Fixes a problem with cataloging Audio-CDs on Intel Macs
– Automatic updating of database folders on file servers is now faster
– Lots of minor improvements both visually and functionally
– This version of CDFinder is certified to run in Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
This is a free update and due to the number of improvements very recommended!
The new version can be obtained from the CDFinder Web Site