The Mac BU is kicking off a series of captivating previews of upcoming
features available in the highly anticipated Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac
productivity suite. Starting today, visit the Office 2008 Sneak Peek site
at (http://www.macoffice2008.com) to see Office 2008 in action and learn
additional details about features announced at Macworld and something new
* Elements Gallery — The new Elements Gallery user interface gives users
quick access to tools and formatting options within applications in a
simple and visually appealing way.
* Document Elements — Document Elements in Word 2008 demonstrates the
power of Elements Gallery by simplifying and automating some of the most
common but often difficult and tedious document tasks, such as adding a
table of contents, bibliographies and headers and footers, so users can
easily build professional reports and papers.
* Publishing Layout View — This new specialized workspace in Word empowers
users to create graphics-rich document layouts such as newsletters and
brochures with ease.
* OfficeArt — The OfficeArt graphics engine provides users the ability to
apply stunning graphic effects like 3D, reflections and shadows with a
simple click of a button.
* SmartArt Graphics — SmartArt graphics are a set of professional-quality
graphics that lets users quickly transform bulleted lists into charts,
diagrams, graphs and tables to visually communicate ideas.
* Building Charts (Excel) — Utilizing the new OfficeArt graphics engine,
new chart templates help users easily create modern charts and modify their
look and feel with the click of a button. Excel charts can easily be
integrated with Word and PowerPoint.
* My Day — My Day is a standalone application that provides an at-a-glance
view of daily schedule and tasks to help users stay on top of priorities.
Stay tuned for biweekly updates about new additions and improvements to
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac as we move closer to RTM in December.