Clone, synchronize, backup. Schedule and forget it. Try it ’til you trust
it. The key to a successful backup plan is to actually do the backups
regularly. When left to a human, the task often gets tacked on to the end
of a very long list of other things to do. When you eventually have a
catastrophe, the data is simply gone. You know that feeling — you just
lost six years of family photos. Your kids being born, their first
birthdays, their first everything. The answer to this is consistent and
regular backups, placed on a schedule and handled automatically by your
CCC 3.0 features a new interface designed to make the cloning and backup
procedure more intuitive and more responsive. Users have better control
over what gets backed up, and are provided with detailed information about
the progress of their backup. In addition to general backup, CCC can also
clone one hard drive to another, copying every single block or file to
create an exact replica of your source hard drive. CCC’s block-level copy
offers the absolute best fidelity in the industry!
Among the new features are:
* Support for block-level disk-to-disk clones.
* Synchronization built-in, not bolted on.
* Support for backing up across the network to another Macintosh.
* Advanced scheduling capabilities — Backup tasks can now be scheduled on
an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis, or you can indicate that a
backup task should run when the backup device is attached (e.g. an iPod).
* CCC recognizes iPods specifically, allowing time for the iPod:iTunes
synchronization to complete.
* The ability to drill down into folders to select exactly what gets copied
and what doesn’t (you can drill down indefinitely).
* Built-in software update feature notifies you when updates are available.
Carbon Copy Cloner is now available as a Universal binary. As with previous
versions, Carbon Copy Cloner is labeled “Uncrippled shareware” — try the
full-featured product until you trust it, then consider a donation to the
Bombich Software Tip Jar.