SpamSieve has been updated to version 2.6.
SpamSieve gives you back your inbox by bringing powerful Bayesian spam
filtering to popular e-mail clients. It learns what your spam looks
like, so it can block nearly all of it. It looks at your address book
and learns what your good messages look like, so it won’t confuse
them with spam. Other spam filters get worse over time as spammers
adapt to their rules; SpamSieve actually gets better over time as you
train it with more messages. SpamSieve doesn’t delete any
messages–it only marks them in your e-mail client–so
you’ll never lose any mail. SpamSieve works with any number of
mail accounts, of whatever types are supported by your e-mail software
(e.g. POP, IMAP, Hotmail, AOL).
This update includes the following enhancements:
* SpamSieve now works with Mozilla Thunderbird.
* Improved detection of image spams and phishing messages.
* Made various message analysis improvements to increase the
accuracy of the Bayesian filter.
* AppleScripting the whitelist and blocklist is much more
efficient for scripts that access a lot of rules.
* Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X
* When installing a plug-in for a mail program, SpamSieve now
opens the relevant page of the Apple Help to help you
complete the installation.
* The alert when SpamSieve has auto-updated its Apple Mail
plug-in is now non-modal, so it doesn’t interfere with spam
* The Software Update checker now works behind an HTTP proxy,
and the auto-updater is now compatible with FileVault.
* Can now import addresses from the incorrectly encoded .vcf
files that are generated by recent versions of Address Book.
* Growl notifications are now enabled by default.
* The Apple Mail plug-in is more robust.
* Fixed some small memory leaks.
* Made some performance optimizations to the message
* SpamSieve is more robust when processing incomplete
* The Entourage “Train Good” command now moves messages out of
the **Uncertain Spam** folder.
* The Apple Mail “Train as Good” command now moves messages
out of **zSpam** mailboxes.
* Updated to PCRE 7.0.
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later (10.4 or later recommended)
Price: $30; free update for owners of previous versions
More Info: (http://c-command.com/spamsieve/)