Scorpion Research releases Scorpion BarCode 1.90 for Mac OS X
Chislehurst, Kent, England — 10 January 2007 — Scorpion Research today
announced the release of version 1.90 of Scorpion BarCode, its popular
BarCode creation software for Apple Macintosh computers.
What is Scorpion BarCode?
Scorpion BarCode is a complete Bar Code creation utility that you can use to
quickly create Bar Code images for use in other applications. The software
supports the following symbologies:
* EAN-13 (With or without Add-On codes)
* EAN-128 (Codeset B and Codeset C)
* UPC-A (With or without Add-On codes)
* Code-128 (Codeset B and Codeset C)
* ISSN (10 digit / 13 digit)
* ISBN (10 digit / 13 digit)
* PostNet (5 digit / 9 digit / 11 digit)
By entering the text of a Bar Code, the software produces the graphic
equivalent using one of the above selected symbologies. You can then use
this graphic to:
* Create an editable vector PICT document
* Create an editable vector EPSF document
* Paste into another application simply via the Clipboard
* Print camera ready artwork automatically
* Convert text in other applications into BarCode graphics using AppleScript
The text equivalent of the Bar Code can be entered using:
* Keyboard entry via the standard input screen
* Pasting from another application simply via the Clipboard
* Direct control from AppleScript
* Dragging a compatible file onto the Scorpion BarCode icon
The software is supplied complete with example AppleScripts to enable you to
automate your Bar Code creation workflow and includes examples of
integrating Bar Codes into popular database, spreadsheet and word processor
The Scorpion BarCode software embraces the latest Apple Help technology to
simplify the user experience including the Apple Speech Manager to talk you
through key processes via the Voice Assistance feature and Apple Help Tags
that appear on key objects to assist you with the user interface. The entire
User Guide is built into the onscreen help.
The Scorpion BarCode software operates on a Mac OS compatible system ideally
running Mac OS X 10.0 or later. Mac OS 9.0 or later also supported. Mac OS X
10.5 Leopard ready.
New in Scorpion BarCode 1.90:
* Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard featured enhancements
* Support for ISBN 13-digit 2007 improved
* Support for ISSN 13-digit 2007 improved
Scorpion BarCode 1.90 is available now, and may be downloaded from the
Scorpion Research web site at (http://www.ScorpionResearch.com/) following
the links to Software Products, Scorpion BarCode and then Download.
Alternatively, may be available from your local software source.
Free 30 day trial. Single user license GBP 99.00 (Approx USD 180.00).
Multiple User Discounts apply. Educational discounts apply. Trade enquiries
About Scorpion Research:
Scorpion Research was founded in 1994 focusing its activities on
implementing modern management techniques using its innovative software
products designed to assist management in enhancing their corporate
performance. Scorpion Research is an ISO 9000 registered company as a
testimony to quality.
Scorpion Research complements these activities by providing consultancy and
support services that assist corporate management in implementing rapid,
efficient and cost effective solutions.