Perth, Western Australia – 26 October 2006 – Stairways Software Pty
Ltd is pleased to announce Interarchy 8.2.1, the new Universal Binary
version of its powerful, flexible, award-winning Internet application
for Mac OS X.
This release adds a number of fixes for various issues.
Interarchy can download and upload files via FTP (the Internet
standard File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (Secure File Transfer
Protocol), WebDAV (including iDisks), and Amazon S3 as well as FTP
over SSH (FTP/SSH) and SSL-TLS. In addition, it can download files or
whole web sites using HTTP, provide a wealth of information about
your Internet connection, and help you work with remote servers
across the Internet.
Interarchy 8 follows on the long history of improvements to provide a
host of new features. Major new features in Interarchy 8 include:
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel native code.
* Automator Actions (Download, List, Upload).
* Dashboard Widgets (Bookmark, Network Status).
* Growl support.
* WebDAV support, including Apple’s iDisk.
* Amazon S3 support.
* HTTP Authentication.
* New streamlined combined input window.
* Combined Mirror Reports window.
* Full international support with UTF-8 everywhere.
* Mirror Dry Run.
* Preserve permissions and dates in SFTP.
* Merge/Overwrite/Ask/Abort for folder uploads.
* Auto Uploads to multiple remote directories.
Interarchy 8 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or greater.
Interarchy 8.2.1 addresses the following issues:
* Support xattr ignored for folders.
* Fixed a crash in 10.3.9 (missing getxattr) when mirroring.
* Fix the Too Many Open Files issue with File Converters.
* Fix for error case with file converters.
* Fixed a problem with intermittent sounds not always playing.
* Fixed the crash on quit if you Discard Transfer.
* Fixed possible crash when selecting an upload item from the History menu.
* Fixed possible crash when running the Network Status Widget.
* Minor German translation changes.
* Fixed a problem with the “Connect to Server…” window sometimes
getting the username/password wrong.
* Fixed a problem with the Retry menu item in Transfer Progress
Window being inactive.
* Fixed some auto complete popup issues if you type characters and
then tab quickly.
* Newly created Net Disks may have the correct name.
* Fixed problems when closing a Connect to Server window that cannot be saved.
* The Delete without confirmation modifier was mixed up.
* Fixed a problem with spring loaded tabs becoming confused and
activating after the mouse has been moved.
* Fix WatchTraffic authorization to allow default if the default
addition failed (which it does on Intel Macs).
* Work with spaces in WebDAV in broken Microsoft server.
* Fix for broken Microsoft FTP Server (are we seeing a trend).
Interarchy is engineered by Stairways Software Pty Ltd and
distributed by Kagi. Interarchy is licensed on a per workstation
basis (individuals can choose to license it on a per user basis).
New customers can purchase Interarchy from
(http://purchase.interarchy.com/) for US$59.95.
This is a free upgrade for owners of Interarchy 8.x, or for customers
who purchased Interarchy 7.x after 1 January 2006. Customers can look
up their Interarchy license at (http://enquiry.interarchy.com/).
Version 8.x is a paid upgrade for purchases before January 2006.
Customers who purchased any previous version of Interarchy (or
Anarchie) before January 2006 can upgrade to Interarchy 8 for
US$29.95. For instructions on claiming your discounted upgrade to
version 8, look up your license at (http://enquiry.interarchy.com/).
Steep volume discounts are available for large organizations.
A fully-functional trial version of Interarchy is available for
downloaded from (http://download.interarchy.com/).
For sales enquires, customer service, technical support, or to
contact project management, our current contact information is listed
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for
use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)
This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young
Extensive online documentation on Interarchy can be found at
A brief taste of Interarchy in action can be found at
A more detailed tour to give you a better idea of Interarchy’s power
and versatility is available at (http://tour.interarchy.com/).
For more information about anything to do with Interarchy visit