Brain Tickling Software announces SnapWeb 4
SAN FRANCISCO, CA. – October 23rd, 2006 – Brain Tickling Software
announces the immediate release of SnapWeb version 4.
The new version of SnapWeb is the most comprehensive update in the
history of the internet snapshot and archiving utility. The update
offers multi-threaded Intel support and other improvements in ease of
use and automation.
New features in version 4.0:
– SnapWeb is now a multi-threaded Universal Binary with native
support for PPC and Intel Macs.
– 3 new image formats: You can store snaphots as GIF, Photoshop file
and TIFF (beside JPEG, PDF and PNG).
– 3 new text formats: You can store web pages as original HTML,
resoloved HTML and as human readable text file.
– A snapshot can directly be copied to the clipboard, to use it in
other programs without storing it first.
– The new parameters “Minimum Width”, “Fixed Width” and “Maximum
Height” are giving more
control to the snap process.
– The Browser menu now supports Firefox (beside Safari). You can
directly access the actual page, the history and the bookmarks of the
– SnapWeb now writes the URL of the web page into the comment field
of the snapshot. This is very useful for archiving and searching
snapshots in the Finder.
– You can use SnapWeb as a tool from your Unix shell. (Professional
– 12 new AppleScript commands. All SnapWeb features are now
scriptable! (Professional license needed!)
– A new command to clear the SnapWeb history on demand.
– A new Help menu to directly access the manual and the BTS web site.
Improvements in version 4.0:
– The natural web page size is now calculated much more exact (e.g.
web pages with frame sets).
– SnapWeb is now faster when you snap more than one file format at once.
– Safari isn’t starting anymore if you choose “Safari Actual Page” by
mistake, without having it open.
– SnapWeb prompts the user when no output format is selected.
– SnapWeb has now a time-out value of 4 minutes, if very big web
pages are overwhelming slow computers.
– The “mouse flickering” during a snapshot is reduced.
– SnapWeb can now load https-URLs, which are directly typed into the
URL field of the browser window.
– During a snapshot SnapWeb was activating the left top active screen
corner by mistake. Now it temporarily disables the active screen
corner during runtime.
– The Browser menu was crashing SnapWeb when the Preferences window was open.
– SnapWeb sometimes crashed when you snapped more than one file
format at once in evaluation mode.
– Fixed a bug which occured on slower Macs (crash on timeout during process).
– SnapWeb crashed when the natural height of a web page was greater
than 22767 pixels. Now SnapWeb supports heights of 32767. Taller web
pages are truncated.
Download your copy of SnapWeb version 4.0 at http://www.BrainTickling.com
The update is free for licenses purchased in the last 3 months. For
all others it is just USD 9.90.
SnapWeb is a snapshot, archiving and publishing utility for web content
SnapWeb creates complete screenshots of web pages even if the users
screen isn’t large enough to show the whole page at once. The output
isn’t scattered to multiple pages or scaled down unless it is
unreadable. The resulting images can be saved in different file
formats or copied to the system clipboard. In addition SnapWeb can
save web pages as resolved HTML data or it can extract human readable
text from web pages.
The straight, browser like interface of SnapWeb makes it a very fast
and productive tool to archive, document and present web content.
SnapWeb is a daily co-worker for advertising agencies, graphic
studios, consultants, archivists, press reviewers, authors,
journalists, lawyers, scientists, students and teachers.
System requirements are: Mac OS X version 10.4.3 or newer. On prior
Mac OS X versions please use SnapWeb 2.0.1 r2.
Download SnapWeb at http://www.BrainTickling.com
SnapWeb is Shareware, you can try it for free. License prices are
starting at USD 17.90, updates at USD 9.90.
Register SnapWeb at http://order.kagi.com/?6CXRP
Brain Tickling Software is an international community of independent
developers – independent, innovative and fun!