Universal plug-in for FileMaker Pro 8.5 offers powerful access to one
or more of the computer’s serial ports.
October 16th, 2006, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands–Troi
Automatisering today announced the availability of the final version
of Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0.1 for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro 8.5 easy and powerful access
to one or more of the computer’s serial ports:
– Read from and write to the serial ports of the computer directly
from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application.
– Native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database.
– “Serial_Control” function to temporarily suspend the incoming data
stream and resume it when you are interested in the data.
– “Wait for Match” function to wait for a specific text before triggering.
– The possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to
trigger different scripts for different ports.
– Support for high speed connections up to 230 Kbps.
– Clear example databases to get started quickly.
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “We worked hard to improve
on the beta version. Although we had to make the new version of Troi
Serial Plug-in more expensive than earlier versions, I’m happy that
we can finally offer a native and universal serial plug-in for
FileMaker Pro 8.5!”
Troi Serial Plug-in can be used whenever you need to send or receive
ASCII data over a serial port. Suggested uses for Troi Serial Plug-in
3.0.1 are connecting to a (Bluetooth) modem, custom switchboard
dialing, caller ID, barcode reading, controlling external devices,
data acquisition and data transfer. This plug-in is also very well
suited for the use in electronic devices that send data to the
computer continuously, like most electronic weighing scales. An
example file for a weighing scale is included in the download.
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
What is new in version 3.0.1?
The main changes since the beta version are:
– Significantly improved the speed of triggering scripts when data comes in.
– Improved script triggering when a script is already running or is
paused. The plug-in will pause the current script and after the
trigger script has run, it will resume/pause the original script.
– Added complete and rewritten version of User Guide.
– Improved most example files and removed remaining old style function calls.
– Changed incorrect function name Serial_AsciiValueToTxt in
documentation. It is now correctly referred to as
Serial_AsciiValueToText. Fixed a few bugs too.
We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0.1 is
available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0.1 works with FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5. The
plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Developer
7 or by FileMaker Advanced 8 or FileMaker Advanced 8.5. The plug-in
is available for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher (on PowerPC), for Mac OS X
10.4.5 or higher (Intel-based Mac) and Windows XP (Service pack 2).
Licenses cost US$ 1099 for a cross platform developer license. We
don’t offer single licenses at the moment. More details on developer
licenses can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from
our web site.
Product upgrades from an earlier cross platform developer license,
are available from US$ 749. Product upgrades from earlier single
platform developer license, costs US$ 899.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins. For more information, visit our web site at: