Perth, Western Australia – 6 September 2006 – Stairways Software Pty
Ltd is pleased to announce Interarchy 8.2, the new Universal Binary
version of its powerful, flexible, award-winning Internet application
for Mac OS X.
This release adds support for Growl notifications, transparent file
converters (including a Backup meta data preserving converter),
Leopard compatibility, and more.
Interarchy can download and upload files via FTP (the Internet
standard File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (Secure File Transfer
Protocol), WebDAV (including iDisks), and Amazon S3 as well as FTP
over SSH (FTP/SSH) and SSL-TLS. In addition, it can download files or
whole web sites using HTTP, provide a wealth of information about
your Internet connection, and help you work with remote servers
across the Internet.
Interarchy 8 follows on the long history of improvements to provide a
host of new features. Major new features in Interarchy 8 include:
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel native code.
* Automator Actions (Download, List, Upload).
* Dashboard Widgets (Bookmark, Network Status).
* Growl support.
* WebDAV support, including Apple’s iDisk.
* Amazon S3 support.
* HTTP Authentication.
* New streamlined combined input window.
* Combined Mirror Reports window.
* Full international support with UTF-8 everywhere.
* Mirror Dry Run.
* Preserve permissions and dates in SFTP.
* Merge/Overwrite/Ask/Abort for folder uploads.
* Auto Uploads to multiple remote directories.
Interarchy 8 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or greater.
Interarchy 8.2 adds the following features:
* Growl support – Notifications are displayed when downloading, uploading, etc.
* File Converters (including MacBinary, Backup, and gzip).
Transparently encode/decode files when transferring them.
* Add Bookmark button to each window’s status bar – now it is even
easier to create bookmarks.
* The Mirror Reports window now remembers reports even when closed.
* Dry Runs are now done with the contextual menu instead of a global
state (thanks John).
* Much improved integration between network tools.
* Leopard compatibility.
* Made it easier to set where bookmarks will open (New Window or New Tab).
* Support com.stairways.interarchy.ignored HFS+ attribute for mirroring.
* Drop into rename mode when a new bookmark folder is created.
* Clicking on a chasing arrows control or an error icon will bring
the Transfers window to the front and reveal the corresponding entry.
* Interarchy will now warn you of potential data loss if you try to
edit a read only file.
* Added dynamic menus items to Listing menu for Delete…, Delete and
* Improved the “Set Upload Permissions…” window.
* When the Connect to Server window toolbar is hidden, add OK and
Cancel buttons to the status bar.
* Added “Mirror Dry Run” contextual menu bookmarks and Net Disks.
* Add action button and bookmark button to Network utilities,
Transfers, Transcript and Queue window.
* Extend per-host preferences to allow specification of path
(especially useful for File Converter settings).
* Added spell checking. Just what you want in a file transfer program.
Interarchy 8.2 addresses the following issues:
* Fixed enabling of “Open in Window” and “Open in Tab” menu items.
* The “Add Bookmark…” sheet is now resizable.
* Fixed an issue with usernames containing encoded characters such as @.
* Server and Path columns are now off by default.
* View With downloads temporary files to the temporary items folder.
* Fixed some WebDAV percent encoding issues.
* Fixed content-type for WebDAV.
* Fixed advancing keyboard focus (tabbing between controls) in the
Connect to Server window.
* Improved auto fill of username and password when changing the host
* The mouse scroll wheel should now work in the action/protocol view.
* Make sure there is always an action and a protocol selected.
* The Mirror Reports window is now available via the Window menu.
* Fixed a case where a local file could be trashed when performing a
mirror dry run.
* Fixed Bonjour byte ordering issue on intel.
* Use 10.4 Bonjour services when available.
* Fixed up the tab ordering of controls in the preferences window.
* Standardized the use of “folder” and “directory”.
* Changed case of the title of untitled queues to conform with the
Human Interface Guidelines.
* Make navigation dialogs conform to Human Interface Guidelines.
* Updated the initial position of windows to better conform to the
Human Interface Guidelines.
* If a DataBrowser is scrolled to the end and an item is removed it
does not properly update the vertical offset. Fixed.
* Fixed the drag image when dragging from a text display window
(Transcript or Watch Traffic). White background is no longer drawn.
* Escape key will dismiss the auto complete popup.
* Improved the initial sizes of a number of windows.
* Fixed up positioning of some alerts.
* Added a Zoom command in the Window menu.
* Update the LaunchServices database after creating a droplet to make
sure the droplet’s icon is correct.
* Prevent the splitter control from being dragged to silly positions.
* Full keyboard access for status bar controls.
* Fixed Keychain issue with multiple HTTP entries.
* Added m4v to the file types Interarchy recognises by default.
* The geturl (GURL) event will now correctly deal with Amazon S3
* Fixed some French translation issues.
Interarchy is engineered by Stairways Software Pty Ltd and
distributed by Kagi. Interarchy is licensed on a per workstation
basis (individuals can choose to license it on a per user basis).
New customers can purchase Interarchy from
(http://purchase.interarchy.com/) for US$59.95.
This is a free upgrade for owners of Interarchy 8.x, or for customers
who purchased Interarchy 7.x after 1 January 2006. Customers can look
up their Interarchy license at (http://enquiry.interarchy.com/).
Version 8.x is a paid upgrade for purchases before January 2006.
Customers who purchased any previous version of Interarchy (or
Anarchie) before January 2006 can upgrade to Interarchy 8 for
US$29.95. For instructions on claiming your discounted upgrade to
version 8, look up your license at (http://enquiry.interarchy.com/).
Steep volume discounts are available for large organizations.
A fully-functional trial version of Interarchy is available for
downloaded from (http://download.interarchy.com/).
For sales enquires, customer service, technical support, or to
contact project management, our current contact information is listed
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for
use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)
This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young
Extensive online documentation on Interarchy can be found at
A brief taste of Interarchy in action can be found at
A more detailed tour to give you a better idea of Interarchy’s power
and versatility is available at (http://tour.interarchy.com/).
For more information about anything to do with Interarchy visit