New plug-in for FileMaker Pro 8.5 offers industry strength encryption
and decryption of data and images.
September 5th, 2006, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands–Troi
Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Encryptor
Plug-in 2.5.1 for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
What is Troi Encryptor Plug-in?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in is a very powerful tool for for securing your
FileMaker data, exporting or emailing your data without risk and
importing safely back into FileMaker.
All from within FileMaker you can:
– encrypt text or container fields, using the powerful 128 bit
Rijndael AES encryption scheme, so that your sensitive data is secure
– export encrypted data that can be sent safely over the Internet,
for example via email. No risk that someone will read or change the
data while in transit
– use the decryption functions to restore the original information
after you have imported the received email or export file back into
FileMaker, with the assurance that nobody will have tampered with it
– verify data integrity and sources with MD5 or SHA-1 message digests
– encode text in Base64
– make conversions to and from binary
– compress databases with large text fields
– secure your FileMaker data, making sure information can only be
read or seen by the people you want
– share medical data over the Internet, including pictures
– comply with HIPAA guidelines
– verify the correctness of important text
– compress large texts
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “We have now completed
updating our six main plug-ins for FileMaker Pro 8.5. These six
powerful plug-ins, give you a speedy and complete Universal FileMaker
experience. We expect our users will be able to build unique
databases with them!”
What is new in version 2.5.1?
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 2.5.1 adds these new functions and features:
– Made compatible with FileMaker Pro 8.5.
– (Mac OS X) Converted to Universal plug-in which runs natively on
PowerPC and Intel Macs.
– Updated the User Guide for version 2.5.1. We also improved the
links in the table of contents, so the links now also work with the
Preview application of Mac OS X.
– Changed the display of the function names of the plug-in: the list
of functions is now visible in every FileMaker calculation dialog. So
for example the function names are now also visible in Custom
– Fixed some bugs and improved example files.
We also fixed a bug present in the 2.5b0 beta, with decrypting legacy
data from Troi Coding Plug-in.
We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Encryptor Plug-in 2.5.1 is
available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Troi Encryptor Plug-in 2.5.1 works with FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5.
The plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker
Developer 7 or by FileMaker Advanced 8 or FileMaker Advanced 8.5. The
plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher (on PowerPC), for
Mac OS X 10.4.5 or higher (Intel-based Mac) and Windows XP (Service
Licenses cost US$ 79 per user. Details on developer licenses and
multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order
licenses from our web site.
Product updates from earlier versions, bought on or after February
15th, 2005, are free: eligible users have been emailed a new
registration string. Contact us if you have not received yours.
Upgrades from licenses bought before February 15th, 2005, are
available from US$ 29 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can
be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins. For more information, visit our web site at: